SIDNEY — A Sidney woman remains behind bars following an arraignment on Thursday.
Amanda Murphy, 20, 1117 Hilltop Avenue, Apt. A, pleaded not guilty to improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, carrying a concealed weapon, endangering children, two counts of aggravated menacing and one count of criminal damaging or endangering. All of the charges stemmed from the same event.
Murphy allegedly had a loaded Phoenix .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol under the passenger seat of her vehicle, while her 18-month-old daughter remained in the vehicle. She also allegedly threatened David Scragg and Julia Walker-Douglas with the pistol, and also cut a tire on a vehicle owned by Lucas Fitzgerald.
Bond was set at $5,000 and a no contact order with the victims was given.
In other arraignments:
• Jesse Nelson, 26, Shelby County Jail, pleaded not guilty to forgery. Bond was set at $2,500 on the condition he continued drug counseling and drug testing.
• Lela Jones, 43, 1148 Hamilton Court, entered a plea of not guilty to burglary, two counts of possession of drugs and one count possessing criminal tools. She was released on her own recognizance on the condition she remained in a drug addiction treatment center in Toledo.
• Mitchell Hudson, 44, 704 Park St., entered a plea of not guilty to possession of drugs, tampering with evidence and resisting arrest. Bond was set at $50,000.
• Allen Perry, 36, 19429 Norwood St., Detroit, Michigan,entered a plea of not guilty to aggravated trafficking of drugs and possessing criminal tools. He had 350 Morphine Sulfate 100 mg tablets in his shoes. He was released on a continued bond from a Michigan court.
• Timothy Ervin, 25, 242 E. College Ave., Springfield, entered a not guilty plea to operating a vehicle while under the influence and driving under suspension. His bond was continued.
• Amanda Fleming, 35, Sidney, pleaded not guilty to theft. Bond was set at $2,500.
• Heidi May, 49, 333 S. Miami Ave., pleaded not guilty to possession of drugs and possessing criminal tools. Bond was set at $2,500.
• Joshua Centers, 28, 4101 Paulus Road, Houston, entered a plea of not guilty to possession of drugs. Bond was set at $2,500.
• Nicholas Inman, 33, 435 N. Miami Ave., pleaded not guilty to aggravated assault. A $10,000 bond was continued, with a no contact order.
• Megan Myers, 24, 13844 Sharp Road, entered a plea of not guilty to aggravated possession of drugs and possessing criminal tools. Bond was set at $2,500.
• Michael Downing, 43, 2028 Eastview Ave., entered a plea of not guilty to failure to comply with police order. After multiple times at the stand to further understand his bond situation, was released on his own recognizance.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4825