• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Sunday. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Greater Columbus: The 2016 Greater Columbus Arts Council Visual Arts Exhibition” through Sunday; “Lucy Raven: Low Relief” through Nov. 27; “Dogs” through 2017; “Glass Magic” through 2018; “Graphic Novelist Residency Exhibition: Ronald Wimberly” through Feb. 19; “The Sun Placed in the Abyss,” “Bodies@Work: The Work of Ruben and Isabel Toledo” and ““Aminah’s Presidential Suite.” Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Jitney” through Saturday and “The Second City’s Holidazed & Confused Revue” through Dec. 31. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at www.cincyplay.com or 800-582-3208.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents, “Vessels, Vistas & Visions,” art by Pamela Ridenour, Donna Pierce-Clark and Shirley DeLaet, which runs through Nov. 27. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents “Ravaged Sublime: Landscape Photography in the 21st Century” through Jan. 8. Wednesday and Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7-17; free for members and children 6 and under.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents solo exhibitions by Terry Glass and Stephen Goettsch through Nov. 18. Exhibit open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Wright State University presents “No, No, Nanette!” through Sunday in the Festival Playhouse on campus, 3640 Col. Glenn Highway, Fairborn. Times vary. Tickets: $22 adults, $22 seniors and students, at 937-775-2500.
• Short North Stage at the Garden Theater, 1187 N. High St., Columbus, presents “Kiss of the Spider Woman” through Nov. 20. Thursday-Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 3 p.m. Tickets: $25-$42.
• Angels in the Attic craft show runs in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave., today and Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission: $2 adults; children 12 and under, free.
• La Comedia Dinner Theater, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “A Christmas Carol” through Dec. 31. Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Saturdays at 5:30 p.m. Tickets: $59-$75 includes dinner, at www.lacomedia.com and 800-677-9505.
• Dayton Opera presents “I Pagliacci” in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton today at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. Tickets: $28-$94 at www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• Kettering Children’s Theatre presents “May the Farce Be with You” today, Saturday, Nov. 18-19, at 7 p.m.; Sunday and Nov. 20 at 2 p.m. in the Rosewood Art Center, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering. Tickets: $7 adults, $5 children 12 and under at the door.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, screens “At War with the Army” 7:30 p.m. for people 13 and older. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra presents “Best of Baroque: Handel and Bach” today at 11 a.m., Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Taft Theatre, 317 E. 5th St., Cincinnati. Tickets: $12-$120 at www.cincinnatisymphony.org.
• Miami County Park District hosts a Souper Walk, hike and a cup of soup, at 7 p.m. in the Garbry Big Woods Reserve, 6660 Casstown-Sidney Road, Piqua. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer, Auglaize and Van Wert Counties presents Dancing with the Big Stars at 1:30 and 5 p.m. in the Overdrive, 3769 U.S. 127, Celina. Matinee tickets: $20; Dinner show tickets: $30-$50, at 419-584-2447.
• A.B. Graham Center, 8025 E. State Route 36, Conover, presents its annual Winter Craft/Vendor Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 937-368-3700.
• Darke County Parks hosts a book signing of “Fire in the Water” by James Alexander Thom at 1 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Center, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• Crossroads Railroad Club, 304 N. Dixie Highway, Vandalia, exhibits model train layouts during an open house from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., today, and from noon to 5 p.m., Sunday.
• The 48th annual Christmas Holiday Show runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Monroe Township Building, Third and Main streets, Tipp City. Arts, crafts, candles, jewelry, food, door prize. Santa from noon to 4 p.m. Free admission.
• Darke County Parks hosts a Park PALS program, “Owl Be Seeing You,” for children in grades K-2, from 6 to 8 p.m., in the Nature Center, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Anna United Methodist Church Women’s Group, 201 W. North St., Anna, hosts its annual Ham and Turkey Supper form 4:30 to 7 p.m. Meals: $8, adults; $3.50, children 12 and under. 937-394-2441.
• Maplewood United Methodist Church, 21544 Maplewood Road, Maplewood, hosts a garage sale from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to benefit Jackson Center Local Schools Weekend Backpack Program.
• Ohio State University Lima Theatre Department, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima, presents “The Ugly Duckling” at 2 p.m., today and Sunday. Tickets: $7 adults, $5 seniors and students, $2 children 10 and under at the door.
• Christmas in the Country craft show runs in teh Clinton-Massie School, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. 513-897-1946.
• A Winter’s Yuletide Gathering, shopkeeper’s open house, in downtown Tipp City, runs from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and from noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Krohn Conservatory, 1501 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, opens A Whoville Holiday, botanical exhibits, which runs through Jan. 8. Hours vary. Admission: $7 adults; $4 children; children under 4, free. www.cincinnatiparks.com.
• Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road, Springfield, presents the Dayton.Kyoto Print Exchange exhibit tharoug Moarch 25. Open Wednesday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $5 adults; $3 students and seniors; children 17 and under, free. springfieldart.net.
• The Blade Holiday Parade steps off in downtown Toledo at 10 a.m. Two hours of floats, giant balloons, clowns, bands, horses. Free.
• The Haradin County Chamber of Commerce and Business Alliance presents the 30th annual Christmas around the Square Craft Fair on the courthouse lawn, 1 Courthouse Square, Kenton, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free. 419-673-4131.
• Northwest Ohio Glass Association presents the Artistry in American Glass Show and Sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, in the St. Joseph Activity Center in Calvert Elementary School, 54 Melmore St., Tiffin. Admission: $5; glass identification, $1 per piece. www.nwoga.org.
• Miami County YMCA hosts a Saturday Night Live Events for children in grades 1-6 in the Piqua branch, 223 W. High St., Piqua, from 7 to 11:30 p.m. Admission: $10 members; $16 nonmembers at 937-773-9622.
• Lock One Community Arts presents Juggernaut Jug Band in concert at 3 p.m. in the James Dicke Auditorium at New Bremen High School, 901 E. Monroe St. Tickets: $30 adults, $10 students at 567-356-2048.
• New Knoxville Library hosts the Lego Builders club for children 3-12 at 3 p.m.
• Dayton Ballet and Victoria Theatre Association host Mid-Day Arts Cafe in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton at 11:30 a.m. Lunch and performance by Dayton Ballet. Tickets: $15 at 888-228-3630.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Lego Fun at 3:30 p.m. and Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time for for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m.
• Darke County Parks hosts an early morning discovery hike for adults at 8 a.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4367 State Route 502, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, presents a talk by Jim Metz, “Eco-Study in Yellowstone: Tales of the Adventure,” at 6:30 p.m. Free.
• New Knoxville Library offers a craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts a book discussion at 2 p.m. and a talk by a representative of the Ohio Public Utilities Commission abour energy conservation, seasonal assistance, safety and tax rebates at 6 p.m.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m. 419-753-2724.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and a craft for adults, cork bulletin board, at 1 p.m. Advance registration for craft at 419-629-2158.
• Miami County Park District hosts a Health Trekkers hike at 1o a.m. in the Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, Troy. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to email@example.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU