SIDNEY — Ohio Living Dorothy Love will offer the AARP Driver Safety Program, Wednesday, Aug. 9, from noon to 4 p.m.
The refresher course is designed for drivers 50 and older. Any person may participate; AARP membership is not a requirement. The course does not teach how to drive; it’s a refresher course in to navigate the ever changing roadways and become more familiar with today’s automobile technology. There is no driving or written test. The class is presented by AARP Driver Safety volunteer instructor and Ohio Living Dorothy Love Sales and Admissions Associate Rachel Hale.
The AARP Driver Safety course includes short videos and discussion about the following:
• Defensive driving techniques, new traffic laws and rules of the road.
• How to adjust to age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
• How to deal with aggressive drivers.
• How medications may affect driving.
• How to safely use anti-lock brakes, air bags and safety belts.
Some insurance companies give a discount on premiums to drivers who have completed the course.
The cost of the program is $20 for AARP members and $25 for nonmembers and is payable to AARP.
To register, call 497-6542.