VERSAILLES — The Versailles School Board discussed the Ohio School Board Association’s Capital Conference at its recent meeting.
Board members talked about the role of delegates, learning sessions and events. Members were invited to attend, if interested.
During items of action, the board approved:
• Bus routes and stops for the 2016-17 school year and that the transportation coordinator be granted permission to approve subsequent changes as needed
• Handbooks for Versailles Elementary School, Versailles Middle School, and Versailles High School for the 2016-17 school year
• To accept with appreciation $2,500 from the Versailles PTO to Versailles Elementary for the fourth-grade mural
• Board policies AFCA, GCNA (Evaluation of School Counselors), DECA (Administration of Federal Grant Funds), EHA (Data and Records Retention), IGBA/IGBA-R (Programs for Students with Disabilities), IGCH/IGCH-R, LEC/LEC-R (College Credit Plus), and JHCB (Immunizations) receive their first readings
• Supplemental contracts to Corey Gehle (assistant cross country coach) and Ashley Heitkamp (assistant volleyball coach) for the 2016-17 school year
• Rescinded the supplemental contract granted to Steve Bey (five years, Sch F, .085, $1,532) and Jon Keihl (four years, Sch F, .080, $1,442) splitting the junior high football coach supplemental contract for the 2016-17 school year that was board approved on June 28, 2016
• Granted a supplemental contract to Steve Bey (five years, Sch F, .085, $1,022), Jon Keihl (four years, Sch F, .080, $961) and Chad Marshall (four years, Sch F, .080, $961) a split supplemental contract as junior high football coach for the 2016-17 school year
• Disposal of the current football field scoreboard at an estimated value below the state threshold of $10,000
• Participation in the Alternative Site Reassignment Program for the 2016-17 school year provided through the Council on Rural Services Gateway Youth Program as needed. (This program provides an alternative to out-of-school suspensions and serves as a long-term educational alternative school and is located in Greenville.)
• Continuation the district’s membership in the Ohio Coalition for Equity and Adequacy of School Funding for 2016-17 with dues of $692 ($.50 per ADM of 1384)
• Insurance coverage to Liberty Mutual Insurance through the Phelan Insurance Agency with the total premium cost at $44,931 effective July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017. (This figure represents a $1,931 increase from last year’s total premium.)
• the resolution stating that as of July 2011, Ohio Revised Code 3313.814 requires each school district board of education and each chartered nonpublic school governing authority to adopt and enforce nutrition standards governing the types of food and beverages that may be sold on the premises of its schools, and specifying the time and place each type of food or beverage may be sold. The standards specified in 3313.816 and 3313.817 are minimum standards and do not preclude the adoption of more stringent standards by the Local Educational Agency (LEA). Each board or governing authority shall designate staff to be responsible for ensuring that the school district or school meets the nutrition standards adopted under this section. The staff shall prepare an annual report regarding the district’s or school’s compliance with the standards. Completion of this survey fulfills the district or school’s requirement to report to ODE on its compliance with ORC 3313.814. The board or governing authority shall schedule an annual presentation on the report at one of its regular meetings.
• The following administrator contract changes for the 2016-17 school year: Elementary school principal – 10 additional days (from current 225 days to 235 days) for the summer school program and scheduling, middle school principal – 10 additional days (from current 225 days to 235 days) for comprehensive continuous improvement plan and scheduling, and high school principal – five additional days (from current 230 days to 235 days) for scheduling and programming
• Brenda Braun, Roger McEldowney, and Jeanne Osterfeld to each receive a 1 percent increase in retirement pick-up effective July 1, 2016m and a 1 percent salary increase effective Aug. 1
• Ken Moorman to receive a 5 percent salary increase effective Aug. 1
• Purchase a Versailles Board of Education Message Center for $43,475 from Industrial Electronic Service, Ltd. with all pricing in accordance with Ohio Council of Educational Purchasing Consortia Contract #AEPA IFB #016-I
• Entering into a service agreement with The Institute for Excellence in Education from June 14, 2016, through June 30, 2017, for $130,740
• Kelli Berger for summer school intervention for the summer of 2016
• Modifications to the classified salary schedules (starting and/or starting/ending rates for aide/attendant, assistant treasurer, building secretary, bus drivers, cook/cashier, custodian assistant, and superintendent secretary) for the 2016-17 school year as submitted by the superintendent
• Classified staff contract changes for the 2016-17 school year: Building secretaries – 10 additional days each (from current 215 days to 225 days each) and food service director – five additional days (from current 182 days to 187 days)
• Polly Simon for a supplemental contract for up to two days of extended days of service as assistant food service director for the 2016-17 school year with salary as per the schedule
The next regularly scheduled board meeting is Aug. 16 at 7 p.m. at the board office.