• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents PanVibe Jazz Quartet in concert at 5:3 p.m. Cash food and drink bar. Tickets: $8 nonmembers, members free. 937-223-4278.
• Darke County Parks presents a talk, “The Art of Nature Journaling,” at 6:30 p.m. in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Exhibit and tour are free.
• Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, 145 E. Main St., Lancaster, presents “Edith Head & Company,” an exhibit of theatrical and film costumes, through Sunday. Free. 740-681-1423.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theater, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “The Wizard of Oz” through Aug. 28. Times vary. Tickets: $59-$75 adults; $30 children 11 and under. 800-677-9505.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change” and “Picasso: 25 Years of Edition Ceramics,” which run through Sept. 10. Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents an exhibit of woven coverlets, “Covering the Past,” through Aug. 28. Admission is free. 937-339-0457.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an interactive exhibit, “The Antarctic Sublime & Elements of Nature: Water,” which runs through Oct. 16. Today, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Wednesday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors, college students, active military; $6 children 7-17; members and children 6 and under free. And a talk today by Dr. Susan Martis, “Blue Streak,” at 6 p.m. Admission: $12. 937-223-4278.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, opens an exhibit of plaster sculpture by Stefan Chinov and oil paintings by Jeremy Long with a reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Exhibit runs through Aug. 19, Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wight-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, runs “MathAlive!,” an inteactive exhibit of video games, sports, design, music, entertainment, space and robotics, through Oct. 2. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday through Saturday. Free.
• The All Ohio Balloon Fest runs today from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 2 to 9 p.m., at the Union County Airport, 760 Clymer Road, Marysville. Hot air balloons, food, beer, entrtainment, balloon, plane and helicopter rides. Admission: $30 Thursday, $10 Friday and Saturday. Children 12 and under free Friday and Saturday. Parking: $5. www.allohioballoonfest.com.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum presents a talk by Angie Hoschouer, “Woodland’s Indoor Mausoleum,” at 6:30 p.m., in the Northmont Public Library, 333 W. National Road, Englewood. Free. 937-228-3221, ext. 115.
• Historic Sidney Theatre, 120 W. Poplar St., screens “The Big Lebowski” at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: 3. 498-1921.
• The Salt Fork Arts and Crafts Festival runs in Cambridge City Park, 1101 McFarland Road, Cambridge today from 3 to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Sunday. Vendors, entrtainment, arts and crafts. Admission free.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “Casablanca,” today and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $6 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville, and presents a talk about the Greeneville Treaty Line from 1 to 3 p.m., in the Anthony Wayne Peace Council House in Prairie Ridge Meadow Park, N. Broadway, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Union Centre Food Truck Rally runs from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. at 9285 Centre Pointe Drive, West Chester. www.ucbma.com.
• Dayton German Club hosts the Germanfest Picnic today from 5 to 11 p.m., Saturday from noon to 11 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m., at the Carillon Historical Park, 1000 Carillon Boulevard, Dayton. Food, entertainment. Free. www.daytongermanclub.org.
• Miami County Fair opens today and runs through Aug. 18 at the fairgrounds, 650 N. County Road 25A, Troy. Admission: $5; children 8 and under free. 937-335-7492.
• Columbus Food Truck Festival runs today and Saturday from noon to 10 p.m. in Columbus Commons, 160 S. High St., Columbus. Free. columbusfoodtruckfest.com.
• Maumee Summer Fair/Taste of Maumee runs today from 5 to 11:45 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. in uptown Maumee, 601 Conant St., Maumee. Food, pony rides, children’s activities, car show, craft fair. Free. www.maumeesummerfair.com.
• Flag City Balloonfest runs today and Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. in Emory Adams Park, 1861 S. Blanchard St., Findlay. Hot air balloons, entertainment, children’s activities, petting zoo, 5K, demonstrations, food. Free. www.flagcityballoonfest.com.
• Cedar Bog Nature Preserve, 980 Woodburn Road, Urbana, presents Moth Night at dusk. Free. 937-484-3744.
• Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road, Springfield, presents GoodVibes in concert during Lunch on the Lawn, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunches available for $6 or take your own. Take lawn chairs. Free. 937-325-8100.
• Grand Lake Health System and Otterbein St. Marys present a talk by Tracy Smith, “Starting a Balanced Pain Treatment Program,” at noon in the Meyer Room at Otterbein St. Marys, 11230 state Route 364, St. Marys. Advance registration required at 419-394-6128. Free.
• The White Oak Jamboree opens at 5 p.m. today and runs through 11 p.m. with performances Saturday from 4 p.m. to midnight at the White Oak Campground, 2988 Loy Road, Fort Loramie. Tickets: $25. www.whiteoakjamboree.com.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 10 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Includes costume contest. Tickets: $6 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, offers Super Saturday Family Day from 1 to 3 p.m. Art-making for kids. Admission: $8 adults, children 17 and under, free. 937-223-5277.
• Caesar Creek State Park hosts the Meteor Shower Camp Out at the public beach, 8570 E. state Route 73, Waynesville, today and Sunday beginning at 4 p.m. Free. 513-897-2437.
• Festival Latino runs today and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Bicentennial Park, 233 Civic Center Drive, Columbus. Entertainment, food, arts and crafts, vendors, children’s activities, fashion show. Free. www.festivallatino.net.
• Rumble against Childhood Cancer in Ohio runs from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., in the American Legion post, 14900 county Road 25 A, Anna. Vendors, food, raffle, children’s activities, entertainment. 5K begins at 8 a.m. Rumble admission, free. 5K registration $25. 937-726-9309.
• Shelby County Animal Rescue Foundation presents the fourth annual Operation Shelter Supplies, a donation event at the Shelby County Animal Shelter, 1100 Clem Road, from 9 to 11 a.m. Drop off donated supplies. Scarfie appearance. Free doughnuts. Information at www.helpshelbycountyanimals.com.
• Vermillion River Reservation, 51211 N. Ridge Road, Vermilion, hosts the Cruisin’ Classic Car Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 440-967-7310.
• Southwestern Auglaize county Summer concert Series presents Steel Ivory in concert in the Crown Pavilion, New Bremen, at 6:30 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• New Knoxville Public Library offers a back-to-school craft at 1 p.m. and Bingo Bash for all ages at 3 p.m. Advance registration for craft at 419-753-2724.
• Darke County Parks presents a talk, “Aliens of Darke County,” by Jess Besecker, about alien plants and animals, at 6:30 p.m., in the Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market St., Lima, presents a talk by Belle Heffner Mickelson, “Music for Alaskan Native Villages — and Lima, Too,” at 7 p.m. Free. 419-222-9426.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster presents the Armstrong Air and Space Museum’s Astronaut Fitness program at 10:30 a.m. Free.
• Rose Music Center, 6800 Executive Boulevard, Huber Heights, presents ZZ Top in concert with Robert Randolph & the Family Band at 7 p.m. Tickets: $59-$162 at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, presents the 20th annual Sauder Village Rug Hooking Event today through Aug. 20. Exhibits, workshops, classes. Show only admission: $11; full village admission: $16 adults, $10 students 6-16; members and children 5 and under free. 800-590-9755.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts a casual book discussion group at 2 p.m. Free.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Dawn of the Jazz Age,” a talk by Zach Compston and a performance the the Jazz Arts Group, at 2 p.m. Tickets: $5 members, $20 nonmembers at 614-629-0359.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 10:30 a.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to email@example.com.