SIDNEY — Weather permitting starting Monday, Jan. 9, city crews will be picking up Christmas trees along with any yard waste that week for the for the month of January 2017. This will be the only week scheduled in January for yard waste pick up.
Residents are asked to have their trees at the curb by 7:30 a.m. on the scheduled trash collection day along with any other yard waste. No yard waste stickers are required for Christmas trees or any yard waste, unless the resident is a low volume bag user for trash pick-up.
Residents are asked to follow these guidelines:
• No decorations or garland or any non-vegetative materials attached to the Christmas tree.
• Yard waste must be contained by box, trash can, or biodegradable bag or bundled.
• All yard waste requires yard waste tags on each box, trash can, biodegradable bag or bundle of material.
• Bundles must be wrapped with rope or heavy twine (no wire) and cannot exceed 60 pounds.
• Brush must be no larger than 2 inches in diameter, cannot exceed 4 feet in length and cannot exceed 60 pounds.
The city plans on having all Christmas trees and yard waste picked up by the end of day Friday Jan. 13. Christmas trees put out after Friday, Jan. 13, will be picked up the week of Feb. 13.
Additionally, the following is the rest of the schedule for yard waste until normal weekly contracted yard waste pick up begins in May 2017:
• The week of Feb. 13, 2017
• The week of March 13, 2017
• The week of April 10, 2017
Yard waste needs to be at the curb by 7:30 a.m. on the normal trash collection day. Weather permitting; it may take over a week to collect the yard waste.
For more information, call the city of Sidney Service Center at 937-498-8117.