SIDNEY — The Shelby County Commissioners have awarded a contract to ADN Safety Solutions to perform a no-passing-zone study.
According to Chief Deputy Engineer Nick Miller, Ohio Department of Transportation grant funds were available to pay the study and the county was awarded a grant.
ADN Safety Solutions will travel every inch of every Shelby County road during the study to determine if any sections of roadway should be designated as no-passing zones. ADN employees have already begun the work.
“They’ll be driving the roadways for awhile. It should take them a few months,” Miller said.
In other recent business, the commissioners:
• Elected Bob Guillozet as president and Tony Bornhorst as vice president of the board of commissioners.
• Awarded a grant to Access Engineering Solutions for engineering services related to infrastructure improvements in Jackson Center. The funds covering the project are part of the CDBG 2016 Community Development and Revitalization Program.
• Appointed Doug Borchers to the Sidney Shelby Economic Partnership Board of Trustees for a three-year term.
• Scheduled a viewing for Jan. 26 at 11 a.m. along Luella Avenue in Cynthian Township and a hearing in the commission office for Jan. 31 at 10 a.m. concerning a petition to vacate a portion of Luella Avenue and all of Hilda Street in Cynthian Township.
• Appointed commissioners to boards and committees as follows: Julie Ehemann to the Shelby County Drug Free Coalition, Disaster Services EMA and LEBP Executive Board, Sidney Shelby Economic Partnership, Community Improvement Council, Tax Incentive Review Committee, Auglaize Airport Advisory Committee and Midwest Pool Risk Management Agency.
Bob Guillozet to the North Central Ohio Solid Waste Management District Executive Board, the Family and Children First Council, Shelby Public Transit, Continuum of Care, Board of Revision, Records Commission, Auglaize Airport Advisory Committee and Midwest Pool Risk Management Agency.
Tony Bornhorst to the Senior Center Board, Top of Ohio, Adult Day Care, Upper Valley JVS Advisory Committee, OSU-Lima Citizens Advisory Group, Auglaize Airport Advisory Committee and Midwest Pool Risk Management Agency.
• Set open meeting hours at 9 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Appointed Shawn Henry as apiary inspector for 2017.