FORT LORAMIE — Mailboxes along Main Street in the village will all look alike when the beautification project is complete.
The Fort Loramie Village Council voted, June 12, to purchase the boxes at a cost of $5,000. In the future, when boxes need to be replaced, residents will be required to purchase matching replacements. The council will install the boxes only along Main Street. Residents on other streets must provide mailboxes for themselves.
In other business, the council:
• Temporarily suspended ordinance section 92.07 to permit alcohol consumption in the town park during Liberty Days and the alumni softball weekend.
• Add a turn lane to the Main Street reconstruction project. The work will be added to the contract with Barrett paving at a cost of $204,710.
• Tabled a discussion about medical marijuana dispensaries, cultivation and processing.
• Heard from the Parks Committee that construction of a baseball diamond will begin in July, that the committee awaits Garmann Miller’s plans for a concession stand, and that installation of sewer lines to the football building should be complete by the end of June.
• Heard from the Streets and Sanitation Committee that Barrett Paving will begin work on the turn lanes and that the committee awaits information from Access as to why fire hydrants were installed at the wrong height.
• Heard from the Planning Commission that a meeting must be scheduled regarding flood plains and that whether additional retention ponds are needed will be addressed at the next commission meeting.
• Learned that letters had been sent to residents regarding sidewalk repairs.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU