SIDNEY — In 2016, over 11,080 Shelby County residents benefited in United Way Partner Agency programming. 27 partner agencies fulfilled their mission with United Way funding and an additional 22 special project grants were awarded.
Ninty-nine percent of all dollars raised in the annual campaign remain in Shelby County to fund local organizations. Residents from all communities are positively impacted.
The following is 2016 data for local communities:
• Anna had 601 residents served by 19 of the partner agencies.
• Botkins had 278 residents served by 16 of the partner agencies.
• Fairlawn had 99 residents served by 11 of the partner agencies.
• Fort Loramie had 360 residents served by 17 of the partner agencies.
• Hardin Houston had 269 residents served by 20 of the partner agencies.
• Jackson Center had 230 residents served by 20 of the partner agencies.
• Port Jefferson had 66 residents served by 12 of the partner agencies.
• Russia had 157 residents served by 15 partner agencies.
ª Sidney had 7,773 resident served by all 27 partner agencies.
Local organizations awarded a special project grant are not required to report demographic statistics. Many more residents are served annually through the diverse programs delivered through special project grants.
Through the seventh week of the campaign, $675,844 has been pledged towards the annual goal of $1,325,000. Donors can make payroll contributions with participating employers or make a one time or reoccurring donation by visiting www.shelbycountyunitedway.org or text SHELBY to 40403.
The campaign finale celebration will take place Nov. 9 at 11:30 a.m. at the Sidney American Legion with a complimentary hot meal served. The event is open to the public and reservations are not needed.