SIDNEY — A Sidney woman has been indicted for her alleged involvement in the drug overdose death of a man just hours after she sold him Fentanyl.
Kayla D. Hewitt, 32, at large, was indicted by the Shelby County Grand Jury, Thursday, Nov. 16, on charges of involuntary manslaughter, a first-degree felony, in the death of David Lee Slagle. According to court records, Slagle died just hours after allegedly purchasing the tablet from Hewitt, Aug. 5.
Hewitt is also charged with two counts of aggravated possession of drugs and one count of possession of criminal tools, all fifth-degree felonies. Those charges stemmed from a Feb. 6, drug-related arrest.
She will be arraigned in Shelby County Common Pleas Court at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 22, along with others indicted Thursday.
A Piqua woman stands to lose more than her freedom if she is convicted on drug charges handed down by the grand jury this week.
Mary E. Carter, 55, 700 Brook St., Piqua, is facing six drug trafficking charges following her May 8 arrest. Also at hand are specifications that authorities rule on the forfeiture of $10,620 in cash believed to be from criminal activity and her 1995 Chevrolet sedan allegedly used in drug trafficking.
Carter is charged with two trafficking counts listed as second-degree felonies. She was allegedly found with 433 tablets of Oxycodone, and 282 tablets of Oxymorphine. Two other counts are third-degree felonies involving 130 tablets of Hydrocodone, and 170 tablets of Amphetamine. Two additional counts are fifth-degree felonies involving 29 tablets of Clonazepam, and 24 tablets of Zolpidem.
Two men were indicted for felonious assault when they allegedly punched a man, breaking ribs and puncturing a lung. One, however, faces additional charges.
Jontez Armond Haithcock, 19, 616 N. Miami Ave., and Joshua Zhivago Haithcock Jr., 20, 331 Jefferson St., were charged with the second-degree felony from an Oct. 4 attack.
Jontez Haithcock was also charged with two counts of rape, first-degree felonies, and one count of pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor, a second-degree felony. The rape charges involve alleged sexual activity conducted with child less than 13 years old. The pandering charge involves a 13-year-old female supposedly being encouraged to send him nude photos of herself.
Others indicted and facing arraignment, Wednesday, include:
• Michael Scott Corner II, 19, at large, one count of burglary, a third-degree felony. He is accused of entering the residence at 503 Buckeye St. and vandalizing the property.
• Joseph Teasley 39, 328 W. North St., three counts of aggravated possession of criminal tools, and two counts of possession of criminal tools, all fifth-degree felonies. The charges stem from two drug arrests involving Methamphetamine.
• Brandon Johnston, 34, 10959 Comanche Drive, aggravated possession of drugs and possession of criminal tools, both fifth-degree felonies, involving a June 6 arrest involving Methamphetamine.
• Rosemarie Hensley, 38, at large, aggravated possession of drugs and possession of criminal tools, both fifth-degree felonies, involving a June 6 arrest involving Methamphetamine.
• Jesse J. Yates, 27, 307 Lake St., theft, a fifth-degree felony. He is accused of taking copper cooling forms from Ross Aluminum, 815 Oak St., on Sept. 28.
• Daniel Vaughn Jones, 39, 500 N. Vandemark Road, failure to comply with a police order, and having a weapon under disability. He allegedly drove more than 70 miles per hour during a police chase in Sidney on Oct. 31, and was found with a shotgun.
• Jeffrey Lee Eichelberger, 32, at large, two counts of aggravated possession of drugs, and one count of possession of criminal tools, all fifth-degree felonies, stemming from a Sept. 17 arrest involving Fentanyl and heroin.
• Robert J. Honious, 28, Dayton, Ohio, failure to comply with a police order, a third-degree felony. He is accused of driving more than 100 miles per hour while fleeing from police on Nov. 8.
• Sean M. Rollins, 33, Urbana, Ohio, illegal conveyance of drugs into a detention facility, a third-degree felony. He allegedly took drugs into the Shelby County Jail on Dec. 9, 2016.
• Roland E. Reeder Jr., 45, 910 Buckeye Ave., illegal conveyance of drugs into a detention facility, a third-degree felony. He is accused of taking drugs into the Shelby County Jail on Dec. 28, 2016.
• Rashaan Jones, at large, possession of drugs and possession of criminal tools, both fifth-degree felonies. The charges are related to an arrest involving marijuana on April 24. Specifications also call for the forfeiture of $994 cash allegedly obtained during criminal activity.
• Michael J. Schaefer, 28, Jacksonville, Florida, possession of drugs, and possession of criminal tools, stemming from a Nov. 10 arrest involving heroin.
• Leslie M. Simpson, 27, at large, possession of drugs, a second-degree felony. Court records indicate he was arrested on May 8 with 300 tablets of Hydrocodone. Specifications also call for the forfeiture of $259 confiscated by officers.
• Dionte Findley, 22, 305 Broadway St., Piqua, trafficking in drugs and possession of criminal tools, both fifth-degree felonies. He allegedly was found with marijuana during a Nov. 2 arrest. Specifications also call for the forfeiture of $575 cash.
The writer is a regular contributor to the Sidney Daily News.