BOTKINS — The Botkins Board of Education met last Wednesday to hire staff and celebrate the retirement of Superintendent Connie Schneider.
Before the meeting Botkins Police Chief Tom Glass presented Schneider with a plaque in recognition of her service to the district of Botkins.
After, the board hire the following positions for the 2016-2017 school year per salary schedule:
• Jeff McPheron, fall activities director
• Luanne Powell, tutor during the day – one day
• Janice Locker, tutor during the day – two days
• Jennifer Luebke, tutor during the day – two days
• Mike Free, ½ bus route driver
• Bryan Trego, varsity softball coach
• Ryan Gutman, boys varsity track coach
• Fred Schmerge, girls varsity track coach
• Kaitlin Underwood, track and field events (throw coach)
• Keith Puschel, senior commencement
• Donna Bogart, cafeteria worker
• Becky Walters, at-risk tutor
• Tina Flora, driver’s training instructor
• Lavelle Smith, driver’s training manager
• Rita Monnin, sub aide
• Paula Owen, musical director
• Marian Epperly, assistant musical director
• Debbie Faulder, aide
The board hired the following substitute teachers for the 2016-2017 school year at a rate of $90 per day: Kendra Berryman, Whitney Rogers, Becky Walters, Mark Vaughn, Rick Russell, Mariah Hoge, Amber Turnmire, Karen Christman, Erica Lyme, Jennifer Luebke, Andy Raterman, and Kristen Hollis.
They hired Mary Lou Pitts as a consultant and substitute cafeteria worker as needed for the 2016-2017 school year and the following substitute employees: Susan Leugers, cafeteria; Jeanie Bergman, cafeteria; Donna Bogart, janitor.
They also hired the following substitute bus drivers: Chad Berning, Susan Covelli, Scott Nanik, Dan Knoop, Ken Lemmon, Susan Leugers, and Robert Reed.
They accepted the resignation of Jeanie Bergman and Jennifer VanSkyock effective immediately.
In other business the board:
• Approved the bus routes for the 2016-2017 school year. They will be posted on the web page.
• Accepted a donation of $32,000 from the Botkins Athletic Boosters through the Community Foundation of Shelby County for the track and soccer bleachers.
• Approved the cross country overnight trip to Cedarville on Sept. 17, 2016.
• Moved that transportation to Sidney Christian Academy is impractical and the board will pay Mrs. Joe Morris and Mr. and Mrs. Paul Swartz in lieu of providing such services.
Reach this writer at 937-538-4825.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU