SIDNEY — Bill Ankney will continue his tenure as president of the Sidney City Schools Board of Education.
Ankney was re-elected president during the organizational meeting Monday night. He has served as president since 2015.
Paul Heins was re-elected vice president of the board. This is the second year Heins has been vice president.
Also part of the organizational meeting, the board:
• Authorized Treasurer Mike Watkins to request tax advances from the Shelby County Auditor as soon as funds are available for distribution for 2017.
• Authorized the treasurer to pay all bills up to $25,000 that are non-recurring and other recurring bills as they are presented.
• Appointed Superintendent John Scheu as purchasing agent for the district.
• Appointed Watkins as investment officer with authority to invest any interim funds with the goal of maximizing revenue for the district.
• Appointed Scheu as Civil Rights compliance officer for the district.
• Appointed Scheu as district grievance officer and Brooke Gessler as assistant grievance officer.
• Appointed Jason McLain as suspension appeal/expulsion hearing officer and Gessler as alternate hearing officer.
• Appointed Tamara Drerup as the Section 504 compliance officer.
• Set the board of education meeting dates for calendar year 2016. The board will meet the first and third Mondays of each month with the exception of June, July and August when they will only meet on the third Monday. The second meetings in February and April will be held on Feb. 21, because of President’s Day, and April 18, because of spring break. All meetings will be held at the board of education office. Meetings begin at 6 p.m. except for June 19, July 17 and Aug. 21 when meetings begin at 5:30 p.m.
• Approved board member representative appointments of Bob Smith, legislative liaison; Chip Hix, Community Foundation liaison; Mandi Croft, Hall of Honor representative, and Watkins, public records designee.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4822; follow her on Twitter @MelSpeicherSDN. Follow the SDN on Facebook, www.facebook.com/SidneyDailyNews.