FORT LORAMIE — The Fort Loramie Village Council has given local residents permission to purchase flood insurance.
In action during the council’s regular meeting, Sept. 11, councilors voted unanimously to suspend the three-readings of a flood damage-reduction ordinance and then unanimously approved the ordinance.
In other business, the council:
• Gave second reading to an ordinance to prohibit the cultivation, processing and retail dispensing of medical marijuana in the village.
• Approved a payment of $337,300.22 to Barrett Paving Materials for work on Phase II of the Main Street project.
• Accepted the resignation of Utility Superintendent Gary Boerger.
• Heard reports by the Finance Committee, which decided that repairing Greenback Road is not feasible this year; by the Streets and Sanitation Committee that traffic-signal pole-installation will begin soon; and by the Parks Committee that drawings for a concession stand in Redskin Memorial Park have been received.
• Moved into executive session to discuss personnel matters.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU