Sidney City Council
SIDNEY — The Sidney City Council will meet on Monday, Dec. 11, at 6:30 p.m in the Municipal Building’s Council Chambers.
Council is expected to adopt four ordinances, and they are:
• For an appropriation for expenditures for the city for 2018;
• To amend portions of a codified ordinance pertaining to personnel, policies, procedures and regulations;
• To amend certain city employees’s pay classification plan and pay tables for 2018, and to declare an emergency so that it would become effective upon passage of the ordinance;
• To assess the cost of the removal of litter or junk and or weed cutting.
There will be an introduction and expected adoption of an ordinance to amend the traffic control map to close traffic for the southbound lane of Wilkinson Avenue from state Route 47, extending about 175 feet north and to eliminate parking on the east side of Wilkinson Avenue within the 175 feet. Council is expected to declare an emergency when adopting the ordinance so it will take effect immediately.
Council will also be introduced to an ordinance to levy special assessments for the construction an repair of certain sidewalks in Sidney.
It is expected for council to adopt six resolutions, and they are:
• To authorize the city manager to enter into a project agreement with The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) for the removal, renovation and relocation of an existing Zenas King Arch Bridge over Spring Creek in Mclean Township into a pedestrian bridge over Amos Lake in Tawawa Park;
• To reappoint Melissa Godwin and Joyce Goubeaux to the citizens peer review board;
• To reappoint James Lockwood to the personnel board of appeals;
• To appoint Jim Fortkamp to the zoning board of appeals;
• To appoint Michael Goubeaux to the board of building code appeals;
• To authorize a cash advance from the general fund to the law enforcement diversion program grant fund of the city of Sidney.
In addition, council will also hold an executive session about the employment/appointment of a public employee, to consider the purchase of property for public purposes and for pending or imminent court action.
Anna Board of Education
ANNA — The Anna Board of Education will meet in regular session, Monday, Dec. 11, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 209 of the Middle School
The board will discuss the upcoming reorganizational meeting, award supplemental contracts, discuss designs for the school and get renovation reports.
The board will then move into executive session to discuss employment.
Hardin-Houston Board of Education
HOUSTON — The Hardin-Houston Board of Education will meet in special session at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 12, in the media center at the school.
The board will discuss personnel issues and facility improvements.
Loramie Township trustees
RUSSIA — The Loramie Township trustees will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 12, in the firehouse in Russia.
All meetings are open to the public.
Fairlawn Board of Education
SIDNEY — The Fairlawn Local School District Board of Education will meet in regular session at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 14, in Room 122.
The board will set a time and date for the annual reorganizational meeting, award service contracts, discuss employment, accept donations, and approve a resolution by the Midwest Regional Educational Service Center.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU