MARION, Ohio (AP) — Police in north-central Ohio say the parents of an 18-month-old girl who overdosed on a painkiller twice in one week have been arrested on charges of child endangering.
Marion police Maj. Jay McDonald tells The Marion Star that the child apparently was able to find and eat Percocet pills in both cases.
Marion police were called to a hospital Sunday for a report on the toddler, who had overdosed after doing the same thing several days earlier. McDonald says the overdose antidote naloxone was used to save the girl after the second overdose.
Her 33-year-old father and 32-year-old mother have been jailed. The local children’s services agency also is investigating what happened.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU