SIDNEY – The Sidney Visitors Bureau released their January 2023 Director’s Report. This report included website traffic as well as upcoming advertising and promotion plans for 2023.
In October 2022 there were 2,854 web sessions, up from 2,820 in October 2021. There were also 2,330 new users, 3,975 page views and the Facebook reach was 1,907. Average time on the site was 1 minute and 7 seconds.
In November 2022 there were 2,467 web sessions, down from 2,983 sessions in November 2021. There were 2,029 new users, 3,401 page views and the Facebook reach was 1,840. Average time on site was 1 minute.
In December 2022 there were 1,224 web sessions, down from 2,917 in December 2021. There were 971 new users, 1,739 page views and the Facebook reach was 1, 254. Time on site averaged fifty seconds.
The Sidney Visitors Bureau also signed a variety of contracts and insertion orders to promote travel to Sidney and Shelby County in 2023. To date, these include the following:
• Enhanced listing ad in the 2023 Ohio Travel Guide published by Ohio Find It Here, the State’s office for Travel and Tourism. Circulation 400,000.
• Ohio Magazine ad, social media post, and website banner to be published in June.
• Sidney Alive Sponsor at the Fountain Level.
• Leisure Group Travel magazine ad in the June edition. Circulation 186,000.
• Sidney Visitors Guide distribution in Ohio through Ad Rack.
• Sidney Visitors Guide distribution in Michigan through Travel Information Services.
• Sidney Visitors Guide distribution in Indiana through Tourist Information Service.
• Sidney Visitors Guide distribution at the Ohio RV Supershow through Anderson’s.
• Sidney Visitors Guide distribution at leisure travel shows in Columbus, Detroit, Cleveland, and Hershey, PA through Ohio Travel Pavilion.
• Reprint of the Sidney Visitors Bureau promotional rack cards.
• Ad position in the Sidney Alive 2023 Guide to Downtown.
• 12-month Display ad on OhioTraveler.com. 1,000,000 unique site visitors per year.
• 12-month Banner ad on OhioTraveler.com. 1,000,000 unique site visitors per year.
• Quarterly promotional articles in the OhioTraveler.com eNewsletter. 65,000 subscribers.
• Quarterly press releases to over 800 media outlets through OhioTaveler.com.
• Quarterly social posts on the OhioTraveler.com Facebook page. 70,000 followers.
The Sidney Visitors Bureau began planning a storytelling promotional campaign in 2023 that will feature travel points of interest in Sidney and Shelby County that are accommodating to those with mobility challenges. This campaign is being produced in collaboration with Ohio Find It Here. They also began production of a series of video shorts that will be used in social media advertising.
For a complete calendar listing of upcoming events, please visit www.VisitSidneyShelby.com and be sure to like them on Facebook @VisitSidneyOhio.