ST. MARYS– The St. Marys Community Public Library invites adult and high school or college student artists having a legal residence in Auglaize, Allen, Mercer, Van Wert, Hardin, Darke, Shelby, or Logan counties to enter the 26th Annual Summer Artfest.
Entries for Artfest are due at the Library:
• Wednesday, July 22, noon to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, July 23, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Friday, July 24, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Saturday, July 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Monday, July 27, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Entry forms and rules are available at the Library circulation desk or on the web at www.stmarys.lib.oh.us. One may also request to have a prospectus sent through the mail by calling the Library.
This is a juried event. Judges are June Bell and Anna T. Fisher.
Fine arts only will be accepted: painting, drawing, photography, sculpture or ceramics. The work must have been completed within the past three years and never previously entered in this show. Two dimensional entries must be framed as per the rules on the prospectus.
Prizes and awards include:
• Donald Glaser – Best of Show, $200
• Friends of the Library – 26th Annual Award, $150
• Auglaize County Elected Officials – 1st Place, $175
• Wright State University – Lake Campus – 2nd Place, $150
• Stolly Insurance – 3rd Place, $125
• R.J. Burke Insurance Agency – Robbie Burke – 3-Dimensional Award, $100
• Alex and Susan Pittman – Alternative Media Award, $100
• Hudson Jewelers – Painting Award, $100
• Plus One Professionals – Photography Award, $100
• Ned E. & Doris S. Lawler Family-Ned, Kevin, & Bruce – Ohio Theme Award, $100
• In Memory of Marjorie Steinecker given by the Lawler & Steinecker Familes – People’s Choice Award, $125.
Ribbons will be awarded to all winners and honorable mentions.
Opening Day Reception & Awards Presentation is scheduled for Sunday, August 9, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. with the awards ceremony at 3 p.m.
Exhibition dates and times are as follows:
• Monday through Friday, August 10-14, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Saturday, August 15, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Sunday, August 16, noon to 4 p.m.
For more information about the 26th Annual St. Marys Summer Artfest, please visit the St. Marys Community Public Library, 140 South Chestnut Street, St. Marys, on the web at www.stmarys.lib.oh.us, or call (419) 394-7471.