FORT LORAMIE — Drivers along Fort Loramie’s East Park Street will have to slow down.
During its regular meeting, April 9, the Fort Loramie Village Council voted to change the speed limit along the street from 45 to 35 miles per hour. The Ohio Department of Transportation will change the speed limit signs along the street.
In other business, the council:
• Approved a pay raise for village part-time police officers to $16 per hour.
• Authorized the submission of a Nature Works grant to support improvements in Redskin Memorial Park.
• Rescinded the cap on the number of meetings an elected official can get paid for.
• Learned that Northwest Central Ohio Solid Waste District will supply villagers with waste wheelers for recyling, which will be collected every other week.
• Voted to assess businesses who want to be included along North Main Street $1,500 each to have their storm tile tied into the village tile.
• Learned that the village has signed a one-year contract in the amount of $2,500 per month with the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office for coverage of the village and McLean Township from 1 to 9 a.m., daily. Sheriff’s officers will be in the village a minimum of three hours per day during that time. McLean Township will reimburse the village $7,000 per year for the service. The contract goes into effect May 1.
• Went into executive session to discuss the sale of property.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.