HOUSTON — Hardin-Houston Local School Board of Education elected Joel Knouff as board president for the year 2019 during its organizational meeting on Jan. 14.
Bill Clark was elected as vice president for the year.
In other reorganizational news, the board:
• Approved the amount of $3,000 for the board service fund for 2019.
• Adopted the rate of $50 per meeting, not to exceed 15 meetings per calendar year.
• Established the regular board meeting dates for the 2019 calendar year as the third Monday of each month, beginning at 7 p.m.
• Appointed the superintendent as purchasing agent and the board president as alternate purchasing agent for 2019.
• Appointed Joel Knouff as legislative liaison for 2019.
• Approved committees appointments, including Joel Knouff and Christine Helman, for finance/audit; Jason Shaffer and Joel Knouff, for technology; Christine Helman and Barri Grandey, for curriculum; Bill Clark and Jason Shaffer, for building/transportation; and Barri Grandey and Bill Clark, for Community Foundation of Shelby County.
• Authorized the treasurer to borrow money, invest funds, request advance draws from the county auditor, and make transfers and advances, as necessary.
• Authorized the superintendent and treasurer to attend meetings/conferences in interest of the school district; to accept resignations between board meetings; and to hire employees between meetings.
The board’s regular monthly meeting was also held on Jan. 14.
During this session, the board approved a number of revised board policies, as well as the Memorandum of Understanding between the Hardin-Houston Local School District and Catholic Social Services of Miami County to participate in K-12 counseling.
The board also approved the 2019 eighth grade Washington, D.C. trip from Oct. 21 through Oct. 25, 2019.
The next board meeting will be held on Monday, Feb. 18, at 7 p.m., in the Media Center.