SIDNEY — Area sponors will hold blood drives during the month of March, celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and the early days of spring. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the Community Blood Center “St. Patrick’s Day Blood Donor” T-shirt with the Celtic sun design. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call 800-388-GIVE.
The Celtic sun t-shirt campaign comes during March’s traditional celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. The t-shirt is free to anyone who registers to donate through Saturday, March 19, at a CBC Donor Center and most CBC mobile blood drives.
Late winter and early spring is a time when weather and seasonal illnesses can still interfere with donating. In addition, CBC has adopted new screening procedures as a caution against the spread of the Zika virus. Any potential donor who has traveled to Zika virus endemic areas in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central or South America will be deferred from donating for 28 days. The restriction is expected to decrease the number of eligible donors by approximately 2.25 percent. CBC is encouraging eligible donors to help offset this loss by making an appointment to donate. Type O whole blood donors and type AB platelet and plasma donors are especially encouraged to donate when able.
Area blood drives include:
• March 9, Jackson Center High School, 9 a.m. to noon, student and community blood drive.
• March 11, Peerless Food Equipment, Sidney, 8 a.m. to noon, employee and community blood drive.
• March 12, Wrens Florist, Bellefontaine, 8 a.m. to noon, community blood drive.
• March 15, Fairlawn High School, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., student and community blood drive.
• March 16, Green Hills Community, West Liberty, 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., community blood drive.
• March 17, Lehman High School, Sidney, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., student, parent and alumni blood drive.
• March 17, Cargill, Sidney, noon to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
• March 23, American Trim, Sidney, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
• March 29, Honda of America, Anna, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
• March 29, American Legion Post 217, Sidney, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., community blood drive.
• March 30, Honda of America, Anna, 4 to 8 p.m., employee blood drive.
The Community Blood Center is honored to recognize these “Donors for Life”
• 180 donations: Joe Larger, Russia.
• 170 donations: Bernard Seger, Sidney.
• 130 donations: Julianne Simon, Fort Loramie.
• 120 donations: Susan Valentine, Sidney; John Eilerman, Kevin Sanders, Fort Loramie.
• 110 donations: Ron Eiting, Minster; Ronald Klosterman, Greenville.
• 100 donations: Charlie Hoehne, Fort Loramie.
• 70 donations: Susan Bertke, Leroy Meyer, Fort Loramie; Walter Wright, Houston; Carl York, Russia.
• 60 donations: Chad Haworth, Fort Loramie; Jeff Barlage, Russia.
• 50 donations: Kathleen Dicke, Celina; John Ranly, Fort Loramie; Stephanie York, Russia.
• 40 donations: Rob Robbins, Ken Seger, Fort Loramie.
• 30 donations: Sonja Watkins, Kathy Brockman, Terry Fisher, Mark Hina, Jeanette Diehl, Sidney; Barb Robins, Jessica Eilerman, Fort Loramie.
• 25 donations: Katie Hoehne, Shari Eilerman, Karl Raterman, Gwen Eilerman, Fort Loramie; Dana Magato, Ben Marchal, Russia; Marilyn Tebbe, Anna; Tammie Pitts, Sidney; Ryan Woolley, Jackson Center.
• 20 donations: Ryan Schemmel, Jo Raterman, Fort Loramie, Mark Thaman, Deb Schmiezing, Sherie Schroer Anna; Jeff Simon Russia; Barb Burt, Jackson Center.
• 10 donations: Amanda Frazier, Russia; Brook Ruhenkamp, Mark Eilerman, Robin Raterman, Fort Loramie; Sandy Heitkamp, Minster; Darrell Martin, Mitch Hoyner, Aaron Harshbarger, Teresa Haynes, Sidney.
• 5 donations: Lauren Blagg, Logan Gigandet, Denise Marchal, Fort Loramie; Shelbie Johns, Alec Cooper, Danny Dean, Aidan Stanley, Mandy Morgan, Sidney; Michaela Ary, Alexs Fulllenkamp, Botkins.