KETTLERSVILLE — Members of Kettlersville Council planned a work day for the village park during its March 1 meeting.
Council member David Greer distributed information on playgound equipment options. Park improvements were discussed and it was decided that a work day would be set up to clean up brush, remove posts and spray weeds at the park.
Council reviewed streets in need of repair, which were to be discussed at the April 5 meeting.
In other business, council:
• Learned 2016 appropriations were certified by the Shelby County Auditor.
• Was asked to cover the cost to install a new hydrant at the park. Mayor Eric Kaminsky will contact residents about easement for possible sidewalk installation to the park.
• Tabled items dealing with flag replacement, removal of the bell and drain work at North/East Street.
• Approved the 2016 fire and snow contracts with Van Buren Township.
• Learned another nuisance complaint has been filed for the old general store/apartment building. The Sidney Shelby County. Health Department has issued an order for cleanup.
• Were reminded the big item drop off scheduled is for April 9 and electronic drop off is scheduled for April 15. Flyers will be distributed at next meeting and placed in Post Office.