SIDNEY — The Salvation Army is holding a week of events called Jingle in July to help raise funds for the organization.
The week starts with a jingle bell color run/walk in Tawawa Park on July 15 at 8:30 a.m. The run costs $15 or an equivalent amount of canned goods for the food pantry. A T-shirt is available with advance registration for an additional $5. Deadline for advance regstration is July 7.
On Sunday, July 16, at 10:30 a.m. a church service at the Salvation Army’s location at 419 Buckeye Ave. is planned to kick off the week of dine and donate events.
Coupons for the dine and donate events, along with the registration form for the 5K, can be found online at sidneyjinglerun.com. The times and locations are as follows:
• Monday, July 17, from 5 to 9 p.m., Buffalo Wild Wings on Michigan Street will donate 10 percent of a total bill with printed flyer.
• Tuesday, July 18, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Bob Evans on Michigan Street will donate 15 percent of sales with printed flyer at checkout.
• Wednesday, July 19, from 4 to 8 p.m., Chipotle on Michigan Street will donate 50 percent of proceeds to the Salvation Army After School Program, with digital or printed flyer.
• Thursday, July 20, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Perkins on Michigan Street will donate 20 percent of bill with printed flyer.
• Friday, July 21, 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Farmstand Pizza and Ice Cream will donate a portion of the bill to the Salvation Army with printed flyer.
There will be a T-shirt for sale to commemorate the color run, costing an additional $5. A billboard announcing the run can be seen near Tawawa park.
Although there are other Jingle in July events associated with the Salvation Army around the nation, these events are locally organized and were initiated by the local advisory board.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4825