HOUSTON — The Hardin-Houston Board of Education met on Monday, Aug. 21, in regular session and approved the employment of many classified, certified and supplemental staff.
The board hired:
• Donna Feight as a four-hour cook.
• Stephanie Duncum as an educational aide.
• Scott Bayless, Deb Smith and Andrea Wintrow as 15-minute morning supervisors at $500 per person.
• Jackie Selover as 30-minute morning supervisor at $1,000.
• Sandy Heitkamp, Doris Monnier and Peggy Roeth as 15-minute afternoon supervisors at $500 per person.
• Julie Micali and Jennifer Bumgarner at $22 per hour and Nikki Barger at $20 per hour as Clear Creek tutors.
• Peggy Roeth and Jackie Selover as breakfast cashiers at a rate of $500.
• Matt Beaver as assistant varsity boys basketball coach for $2,461.88.
The board also noted that several items will be sold by sealed bid, Sept. 1, listing the items as:
• Existing metal doors from the high school gym.
• Interior wood doors from the high school gym.
• Bench press from weight room.
• Leg machine from weight room.
• 8-foot wide by 6-foot long wood building used for Diamond No. 3.
• Concession trailer (former Pepsi trailer).
The agreement between Hardin-Houston Board of Educaiton and the Hardin-Houston Education Association was approved for July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2020.
The board also approved paying the full-time school resource officer $40,464.94.
Other items approved were:
• Bus routes.
• EPC vendors for purchases, including bakery, dairy, custodial and office supplies.
• A service agreement between Hardin-Houston and the Midwest Regional Educational Service Center for a technology instructor, gifted intervention specialist and one-on-one assistant.
• The resignation of Kristi Elliott as seventh-grade girls basketball coach.
• The agreement with the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities for preschool education services.
The board also approved a 2.5 percent salary increase for several administrators. The salaries now are:
• Superintendent Larry Claypool, $102,889.61.
• High school Principal Ryan Maier, $87,969.54.
• Elementary school Principal Sara Roseberry, $80,093.14.
• Treasurer Amy Ayers, $71,930.24.
• Assistant high school principal and athletic director Craig Knouff, $71,750.
• Director of Technology Matt Stephens, $57,073.85.
The next Hardin-Houston Board of Education meeting is scheduled for Sept. 18, at 7 p.m.