SIDNEY — Area sponsors will host blood drives in September to help the local blood supply.
Everyone who registers to donate Sept. 11 through Sept. 30 at any CBC Donor Center and most CBC mobile blood drives will receive a new gift from Community Blood Center that “knocks our socks off.” Donors are encouraged to schedule appointments online at www.DonorTime.com or call 800-388-GIVE.
The “Saving Lives Knocks Our Socks Off” campaign marks the first time CBC had given away a pair of socks as a donor gift. The design features the CBC blood drop logo and a colorful dot pattern representing the different blood types.
Area blood drives include:
• Sept. 14, Cargill, Sidney, noon to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
• Sept. 15, Discovery Center, Bellefontaine, noon to 4 p.m., community blood drive.
• Sept. 19, Sidney American Legion, Sidney, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., hosted by Knights of Columbus, community blood drive.
• Sept. 20, Emerson, Sidney, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
• Sept. 21, Emerson, Sidney, noon to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
• Sept. 26, Honda of America, Anna, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
• Sept. 26, Palazzo, Botkins, noon to 6 p.m., community blood drive.
• Sept. 27, Mary Rutan Hospital, Bellefontaine, community blood drive.
• Sept. 27, Honda of America, Anna, 4 to 9 p.m., employee blood drive.
• Sept. 28, SpartanNash, Bellefontaine, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., employee blood drive.
• Sept. 28, Sidney Apostolic Temple, Sidney, 3 to 7 p.m., community blood drive.
The Community Blood Center has recognized these Donors for Life: 140 donations: Jack Schmiesing, of Sidney; 130 donations: Mark Koverman, of Fort Loramie; 120 donations: Mike Siegel, of Fort Loramie; 100 donations: Greg Ruhenkamp, of Fort Loramie; 90 donations: Edward Sanders, of Fort Loramie; 80 donations: Stan Pleiman and Matt Eilerman, both of Fort Loramie; 75 donations: Byron Redd, of Sidney; 70 donations: Roger Reineke, of Sidney; 60 donations: James McCracken, of Anna; 50 donations: Mark Meinerding, of Fort Loramie, and Terry Cotrill, of Russia; 40 donations: Helen Bornhorst, of Russia; 30 donations: Barb Paulus, of Russia; John Hejduk, of Jackson Center, and Karl Raterman, of Fort Loramie; 25 donations: Erin Burnmeister, of Anna, and Teresa Hamaker, Barb Borchers and Rodney Wooddell, all of Sidney; 20 donations: LouAnn Albers, of Anna and Jordan Pleiman and Janis Winner, both of Fort Loramie; 10 donations: Tricia Jones, Noah Browning and Caroline Heitmeyer, all of Sidney, Gerald Ruen and Peggy Puthoff, of Fort Loramie, and Joseph Stickel, of Russia; five donations: Michelle Reynolds, Cris Huelskamp, Jared Hina, Allison Smith and Matthew Jung, all of Sidney, Kelly Borchers, of Fort Loramie, Jason Scott and Dawn Luthman, both of Russia, Cory Gonya, of Versailles, and Susan Maddy, of Quincy.