COLDWATER — Mercer Health is pleased to offer the only Weight Management Center in the area. Mercer Health’s Weight Management Center offers both surgical and non-surgical weight loss programs, and is proud to announce that patients of these programs have lost over 5,000 pounds.
The Mercer Health Weight Management Center will be offering several programs in January to help the community with their weight-related New Year’s resolutions. The following programs are now available through Mercer Health’s Weight Management Center:
• The surgical weight loss surgery program continues to grow, and now includes the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. The required informational seminar will be held on Jan. 4 and Feb. 1 or is now available online anytime at www.mercer-health.com.
• Rev It Up! Weight Management is a 9-week interactive lifestyle program led by a registered dietitian that covers topics such as behavior modification, hunger and fullness signals, fluid needs, meal timing, aerobic exercise, and more. The next 9-week session begins Jan. 6.
• The Medifast Program offers a structured meal plan that incorporates specially formulated Medifast meal replacement and snack products to achieve a low calorie, low carbohydrate diet. Participants are required to attend an introduction class. The next class will be held Jan. 5 and Jan. 18, or is also available online at www.mercer-health.com and can be viewed anytime.
• The MedGem Indirect Calorimeter is a hand-held device that determines an individual’s resting metabolic rate. This test also includes an interpretation with a registered dietitian to determine an appropriate caloric level for weight loss. Tests are scheduled on a patient by patient basis.
• Weight Management Support Group Sessions will continue to be held the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. All programs are free. Join for a variety of speakers and topics. Contact the Weight Management Center for a full schedule.
All programs are now taking registrations. Limited space is available. Begin your weight loss journey today. For more information or to register for an upcoming program, contact the Mercer Health Weight Management Center at 419-678-8446.