SIDNEY — Area blood drive sponsors will help the Community Blood Center (CBC) “Get on Board – Give Blood Summer Blood Drive” by hosting blood drives during the month of June. Everyone who registers to donate will receive a free “Blood Donor Board Meeting” surfboard T-shirt, and those 18-and-older will also be entered in the drawing to win an expense-paid Hawaii vacation for two. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call 800-388-GIVE (4483). Donors are always welcome to contact Kathy Pleiman, Shelby County Representative at 937-295-3100 with questions regarding blood donations and upcoming blood drives.
The grand prize includes air travel and deluxe accommodations for eight nights at two island locations. All taxes, fees and meals are included. The vacation package also includes pre-paid activities and sight-seeing excursions, plus all ground transportation.
Everyone age 18 and older who registers to donate with CBC through Aug. 28 will be automatically entered in the “Get on Board – Give Blood Summer Blood Drive” drawing. REACH magazine is the media sponsor. Eligible donors can enter the drawing a second time when they register for a second donation during the blood drive period. Official rules are available at www.givingblood.org.
Anyone who registers to donate through Saturday, June 13 at any CBC Donor Center and most CBC mobile blood drives will receive a special-edition, Hawaiian surf board design “Blood Donor Board Meeting” T-shirt.
“Aloha” may be used as a greeting, but in the Hawaiian language it means affection, peace and compassion. The “Get on Board – Give Blood Summer Blood Drive” affectionately celebrates blood donor compassion with a peaceful, expense-paid Hawaii getaway. CBC traditionally encourages blood donations during the challenging summer months with a drawing to win a car or motorcycle. This summer’s campaign promises to send a lucky donor and companion across 4,375 miles of land and sea to an island paradise for an eight-day adventure of a lifetime.
Blood donation requirements: Donors are required to provide a photo ID that includes their full name. Past CBC donors are also asked to bring their CBC donor ID card. Donors must be at least 16 years of age (16 years old with parental consent: form available at www.givingblood.org or at CBC branch & blood drive locations), weigh a minimum of 110 pounds, and be in good physical health. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) changes blood donor eligibility guidelines periodically. Individuals with eligibility questions are invited to email email@example.com or call 1(800)388-GIVE. Make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com or call 1-800-388-GIVE(4483)
June blood drives include:
• June 9, Jackson Center American Legion, 3 to 7 p.m., community blood drive.
• June 11, SpartanNash, Bellefontaine, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., employee blood drive.
• June 16, St. Michael’s Hall, Fort Loramie, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., community blood drive.
• June 17, KTH Parts Industries , Russell’s Point 1 to 5 p.m., employee blood drive.
• June 17, Champaign Community Center, Urbana, 2 to 6 p.m., community blood drive.
• June 19, Logan County Discovery Center, Bellefontaine, noon to 4 p.m., community blood drive.
• June 19, Logan County Relay for Life, Bellefontaine, 5 to 9 p.m., community blood drive.
• June 20, Ron and Nita’s, Sidney, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., community blood drive.
• June 23, Sidney American Legion, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., community blood drive.
• June 24, Mary Rutan Hospital, Bellefontaine, 7 a.m. to 2 a.m., community blood drive.
• June 25, Honda Transmission Mfg., Russell’s Point, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., employee blood drive.
• June 27, Port Jefferson Fire Department, Port Jefferson, 9 a.m. to noon,
The Community Blood Center is honored to recognize these “Donors for Life”
• 150 donations: Robert Brussell, New Breman.
• 140 donations: Steven Balen, Sidney.
• 120 donations: Brenda Rutherford, Sidney.
• 100 donations: John Blackford, Sidney.
• 90 donations: Rebecca Roberts and Gary Gerkey, both of Sidney.
• 70 donations: Janet Pothash, Versailles.
• 60 donations: Eric Goetz, Piqua.
• 40 donations: Patricia Travis and Andrew Gates, both of Sidney.
• 30 donations: Darla Pitts, Johnathan Gallimore, Michael Luthman, Sidney; Scott Buettner, Wapakoneta; Mark Philipot, Minster; John Aselage, Anna; Janice Richardson, Jackson Center; Judy Buehler, Diane Iiams, Jackie Myers, Ann; Marian Homan, McCartyville; and Keith Wilson, Sidney.
• 25 donations: Carol Argabright, Sidney; and Sheila Doseck, New Breman.
• 20 donations: Sherrye Lamma,Jennifer Watkins Sidney; Rose Albers, St. Sebastian; Ryan Carter, Lima, Eric Wilson, Troy; and Eric Koeller, New Bremen.
• 10 donations: Christopher Erickson, Rheanna Kies, Dayla Hammer, Leisa Saunders,Sidney; Susan Thieman, New Bremen; Robert Ehemann, Jared Standley, Anna; Mike Hoying, Russia; Bety Gillis, Coldwater, Travis Brown, Tipp City; Shelby Langenkamp, Russia; and Ryan Francis, Greenville.
• 5 donations: Courtney Gasson, Jackson Center; Cody Bradley, Dalton Spradlin, Carle Mosley, Josh Wagmer, Celine Brice, Pam Liggett, Edward Sharp, Tiffani Harris, Angelia Turner, Stephanie Schloss, all of Sidney; Teri Vehorn, Noah Burton,Botkins; Julia Kettler, Anna; and Ron Mullins, Tipp City.
Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services® is an independent, not-for-profit organization. Community Blood Center provides blood products to 24 hospitals within a 15-county service area in the Miami (Ohio) and Whitewater (Indiana) Valleys. For more information about Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services®, visit www.givingblood.org.