SIDNEY — Area blood drive sponors will help kick off the Community Blood Center “Wild About Alaska Adventure for Two” Summer Blood Drive by hosting a blood drive during the month of June. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call 800-388-GIVE.
Everyone who registers to donate will receive a special edition Wild About Blood Donor T-shirt, and will be entered in the drawing to win a custom-designed Alaska vacation for two.
The grand prize includes air travel to Alaska, deluxe accommodations during your week-long stay, and options that may include cruise and land travel combinations. The vacation is for the winning donor and a travel companion.
Everyone age 18 and older who registers to donate with CBC from May 2 through Sept. 3 will be automatically entered in the drawing to win the Alaska vacation for two. Eligible donors can enter the drawing a second time when they register for a second donation during the blood drive period.
Late spring and summer is a time when high schools on summer break, family vacations and outdoor activities can disrupt donation schedules and challenge the regional blood supply.
In addition, CBC is taking cautions against the Zika virus. Potential donors who have traveled to Zika endemic areas in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central or South America are deferred from donating for 28 days. The restriction is expected to decrease the number of eligible donors by approximately 2.25 percent.
June area blood drives include:
June 9, Sidney Apostolic Temple, Sidney, 3 to 7 p.m., community blood drive.
June 15, Senior Center of Sidney, Sidney, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., community blood drive.
June 16, KTH Parts Industries, St. Paris, 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., employee blood drive.
June 18, Ron & Nita’s, Sidney, 9 a.m. to noon, community blood drive.
June 20, Advanced Composites, Sidney, 1 to 5 p.m., employee blood drive.
June 21, St. Michaels Hall, Fort Loramie, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., community blood drive.
June 22, Mary Rutan Hospital, Bellefontaine, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., community blood drive.
June 22, Champaign County Community Center, Urbana, 2 to 6 p.m., community blood drive.
June 23, Rittal Corporation, Urbana, 1 to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
June 25, Port Jefferson Fire Department, Port Jefferson, 9 a.m. to noon, community blood drive.
June 30, SpartanNash, Bellefontaine, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., employee blood drive.
The Community Blood Center is honored to recognize these “Donors for Life”:
• 140 donations: Bill Tady, Russia
• 110 donations: Marcia Davis, Jackson Center
• 70 donations: Jean Evans, Sidney, Frank Boerger, Fort Loamie
• 60 donations: Mark Felgar, Ada
• 50 donations: Martin Topp, New Bremen; Mark Baughman, DeGraff; Candy Sharp, Sidney; Nancy Schmitmeyer, Minster
• 40 donations: Jerry Martin, Wapakoneta
• 30 donations: Jennifer Gepfrey, Piqua; Pam Allen, Rick Brubaker, Sidney
• 25 donations: Sherrye Lamma, Sidney; Karen Schaub, Botkins
• 20 donations: Erin Burmeister, Anna; Beth Kruse, Piqua
• 10 donations: Angelia Turner, Sidney; Marcie Taylor, St. Marys; Lori Caldwell, Piqua
• 5 donations: Sarah Foltz,Olivia Maurer,Elizabeth Landis, Anna; Maria Barhorst, Fort Loramie, Jessica Zumberger, Russia, Nathan Bulle, Quentin McKenzie, Bryce Henry, Barbara McMahan, Josh Blake, Kaitlyn Orput, all of Sidney, CJ Wooddell, Jenna Green, Bryce Norris, all of Houston; Emily Greenville; Anna Henning, New Breman; Dorsha Morgan, Troy; Patrick Shaffer, Wapakoneta; David Hess, St. Marys; Russell Moyer, Celina; Jeff Evers, Tipp City