SIDNEY — Area blood drive sponsors will help the Community Blood Center by hosting blood drives during the month of September. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the special-edition “Every Donor Makes a Difference – Give Hope, Give Blood” T-shirt. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call 800-388-GIVE.
The “Make a Difference” campaign begins after Labor Day and continues through October National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Everyone who registers to donate Tuesday, Sept. 8 through Saturday, Oct. 31 at any CBC Donor Center and most CBC mobile blood drives will receive the “Every Donor Makes a Difference – Give Hope, Give Blood” T-shirt. The design features a “fight cancer” ribbon composed of multi-colored ribbons representing the many types of cancer.
The Labor Day period can be a challenging time for maintaining the blood supply due to holiday travel and activities. If you miss a chance to donate CBC encourages you to reschedule when you are able. We especially encourage the continued support of type O whole blood donors and type A/B platelet and plasma donors.
September blood drives include:
Sept. 3, Cargill, Sidney, noon to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
Sept. 4, Peerless, Sidney, 8 to 11 a.m., employee and community blood drive.
Sept. 9, Emerson, Sidney, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
Sept. 9, Sidney Senior Center, Sidney, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., community blood drive.
Sept. 10, Emerson, Sidney, noon to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
Sept. 17, American Trim, Sidney, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
Sept. 18, Advanced Composites, Sidney, noon to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
Sept. 22, YMCA, Sidney, 3 to 7 p.m., community blood drive.
Sept. 29, Honda of America, Anna, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
Sept. 29, Palazzo, Botkins, noon to 6:30 p.m., community blood drive.
Sept. 30, Honda of America, 4 to 8 p.m., employee blood drive.
The Community Blood Center is honored to recognize these “Donors for Life:”
• 180 donations, Tom Albers, McCartyville.
• 120 donations, Fred Schmiesing, Minster.
• 110 donations, Ed Grogean, Russia; Guy DeMange, Yorkshire.
• 100 donations, Sue Monnin, Versailles, Keith Dapore, Fort Loramie.
• 90 donations, Gerold Guillozet, Russia; Lowell Wolaver, Fort Loramie.
• 80 donations, Ann Kauffman, Sidney; Tim Hoying, McCartyville.
• 70 donations, Nick Sanders, Lima.
• 60 donations, Jan Schmiesing, Fort Loramie.
• 50 donations, Trapper Phillips, Huber Heights; Barbara Gaier, Anna; Matt Ratermann, Betsy Schieltz, both of Fort Loramie.
• 40 donations, Kay Miller, Sidney.
• 30 donatins, Tim York, Russia.
• 25 donations, Zane Travis, Sidney; James Reese, Justin Subler both of Jackson Center.
• 20 donations, Ron Poepelman, Lauren Luthman, both of Fort Loramie.
• 10 donations, Patrician Francis, Sidney; Dana Meyer, Jill Bornhorst, both of Fort Loramie; Becky Ryan, Tara McDermit, both of Houston.
• 5 donations, Jodie Schmitmeyer, Anna; Felicity Tillman, Russia.
Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services is an independent, not-for-profit organization. Community Blood Center provides blood products to 24 hospitals within a 15-county service area in the Miami (Ohio) and Whitewater (Indiana) Valleys. For more information about Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services, visit www.givingblood.org.