COLDWATER — During the month of October, Mercer Health’s Neighborhood Nurse offers flu shot clinics. Call Wellness Services at 419-586-1220 for more information.
• Chickasaw Library, Chickasaw: Oct. 1 from 1 to 3 p.m.
• Celina Manor, Celina: Oct. 5 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• WCSM Senior Fair, Romer’s Celina: Oct. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Miller Place, Celina: Oct. 7 from 10 to 11 a.m.
• Barry’s Market, Rockford: Oct. 8 from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Mercer County Council on Aging, Celina: Oct. 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church, Ft. Recovery: Oct. 28 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
There will be a Fall Lab Fest held at Mercer County Community Hospital on Oct. 31 from 7 to 10 a.m.
Flu shots will be offered for $30 and blood Tests offered at the fest will include:
• Lipid Profile/Cardiac Risk Screening ($20) 12 hour fast required
• Comprehensive Metabolic Health Panel — Includes glucose ($25) 2 hour fast required
• Complete Blood Count—Includes Anemia Screening ($10)
• C-Reactive Protein-hs ($20)
• Hemoglobin A1C Diabetes Screening ($25)
• Prostate (PSA) Screening ($30)
• Thyroid Screening—TSH & Free T4 ($40)
• Vitamin D Screening ($35)
There will be free colorectal cancer test kits available, along with free refreshments and snacks.
Mercer Health will also be putting on the 11th Annual Healthy Kids Day on Saturday, Oct. 24. The event is from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Coldwater High School. For more information visit mercer-health.com.
Mercer Health will sponsor free breast cancer screenings at the Community Medical Center in Celina on Oct. 14. The screenings will be from 8 to 11 a.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. The free breast cancer screening is a clinical exam and does not include a mammogram. For more information about the screening or to register, call 419-586-1220.
A full calendar of events can be found at mercer-health.com.