SIDNEY — Area blood drive sponsors are teaming up with Community Blood Center to host a blood drives in November. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the “Buckeye Blood Donor” football T-shirt. Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call 1-800-388-GIVE.
The “Buckeye Donor” campaign celebrates late fall as the time of year when football championships are made. Everyone who registers to donate Monday, Nov. 2 through Saturday, Dec. 19, at any CBC Donor Center and most CBC mobile blood drives will receive the “Buckeye Donor” T-shirt. The design features a silver football helmet on a red background with the CBC blood drop and the map of Ohio as the helmet emblem.
A donation will help patients in need of blood transfusions and other blood products. The CBC encourages the continued support of type O whole blood donors and type A/B platelet and plasma donors.
Learn more at www.Givingblood.org
Area November blood drives include:
Nov. 4, Sidney Senior Center, Sidney,10 a.m. to 2 p.m., community blood drive.
Nov. 4, Emerson Climate Technologies, Sidney 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive.
Nov. 5, Emerson Climate Technologies, Sidney noon to 4 p.m., employee blood drive.
Nov. 7, Sidney Masonic Temple, Sidney 9 a.m. to noon, community blood drive.
Nov. 9, Fairlawn High School, Sidney 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., community and student blood drive.
Nov. 17, Moose Lodge, Sidney 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., community blood drive.
Nov. 18, Indian Lake High School, 8 a.m. to noon, community and student blood drive.
Nov. 19, Lehman High School, Sidney, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., student blood drive.
The Community Blood Center is honored to recognize the following “Donors for Life:”
• 220 donations: Loren Watkins, Sidney.
• 180 donations: Frank Schwieterman, Anna; Bob Guillozet, Sidney.
• 150 donations: John Meyer, Fort Loramie.
• 140 donations: Father Pat Sloneker, Botkins.
• 125 donations: Susan Leugers, Botkins.
• 120 donations: Henry Barhorst, Fort Loramie.
• 110 donations: Tim Siegel, Fort Loramie; Carolyn Cambell, Sidney.
• 100 donations: Ben Boyle, New Bremen.
• 90 donations: Christopher Wehner, Russia; Harrold Long, New Bremen; Rose Robias,Botkins.
• 80 donations: Larry Moeller, Fort Loramie; David Yahl, St Marys; Ned Meyer, Kettlersville.
• 70 donations: Stan Pleiman, Fort Loramie, Jeffrey Bertke, Anna; Nancy Russel, Sidney.
• 60 donations: Steven Frilling, Urban Holthaus Jr, Fort Loramie; Jerry Barhorst, Jerry Muhlenkamp, Russia; Lori Werling, Sidney.
• 50 donations: Kathie Kelley-McDermitt, New Bremen; Robert Schwartz, Fort Loramie; Theresa Risser, Anna; Keith Buehler, Botkins; Don Gerster, Wapakoneta; Jan Christman, Quincy.
• 40 donations: Steve Grogean, Russia; Lavelle Smith, Pat Burmeister, Judy Platfoot, Botkins; Bart Merriam, New Knoxville; Tim Larger, Piqua.
• 30 donations: Stacy Rose, St. Henry, Joseph Ward, Wapakoneta.
• 25 donations: Kay Zumberger, Gail Siegel, Paula Bey, Dan Wehrman, Fort Loramie, Emily Grilliot, Lima; Jim Fitchpatrick, Port Jefferson.
• 20 donations: Mary Covault, Anna, Darrin Collins, Ada; Joyce Reider, John Whittenberger, Sidney.
• 10 donations: Janelle Zumberger, Elaine Goldschmidt, Brett Langenkamp, Fort Loramie, Jeff Monnin, Russia; Deanna Pence, Steve Gehret, Eric Garber, Houston; Kylie Comer, Kyle Hoying, Nikki Albers, Donna Doak, Anna; Dusty Beech, North Lewisburg; Rebecca Fair, Rodney Baker, Sidney; Thomas Lochard, Maplewood.
• 5 donations: Michael McDermitt, New Bremen, Alyson Poeppelman, Penny Puthoff, Diane Berning, Renae Meyer, Fort Loramie; Emily Miller, Osgood; Mark Moeller, Maria Stein, Amber Ward, Darla Hecht, Eric Schulze, Sidney; Josh Seger, Robert Doak, Nathan Osborne, Ken Aselage, Anna; Morgan Dickman, Melinda Gies, Jackson Center; Don Reed, Trisha Elson, Maplewood; Dennis Kayerman, Sue Ginnever, Wapakoneta; Derek Gaerke, Fort Recovery; Ashley Ross, Lima; Brandon Arling, Osgood; Doug Sherman, Piqua.
Connect with Community Blood Center for the latest information and services at www.GivingBlood.org. Get fast and complete answers on how to make your first donation, organize a blood drive, or bring the education program to a school. Get all the updates in the CBC/CTS newsroom, find quick links to CBC’s social media pages, or schedule an appointment to donate by connecting to www.DonorTime.com.
Blood donation requirements: Donors are required to provide a photo ID that includes their full name. Past CBC donors are also asked to bring their CBC donor ID card. Donors must be at least 16 years of age (16 years old with parental consent: form available at www.givingblood.org or at CBC branch and blood drive locations), weigh a minimum of 110 pounds, and be in good physical health. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) changes blood donor eligibility guidelines periodically. Individuals with eligibility questions are invited to email email@example.com or call 800-388-GIVE. Make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com.
Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services is an independent, not-for-profit organization. Community Blood Center provides blood products to 24 hospitals within a 15-county service area in the Miami (Ohio) and Whitewater (Indiana) Valleys. For more information about Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services, visit www.givingblood.org.