SIDNEY — The deadline for recipe submissions to the 32nd annual Sidney Daily News Harvest Holiday Cookbook is 11:59 p.m., Sept. 30.
Area cooks can submit up to three recipes in each of six categories. All recipes will be published in the cookbook, which will be distributed to Daily News subscribers in the Nov. 19 edition of the newspaper. Single copies of the cookbook will be available for purchase after that date.
The four best recipes in each category will be selected as semi-finalists in a contest, and the cooks will be invited to prepare them for a cookoff, Oct. 15.
Category winners each receive $50 cash prizes. The grand prize winner receives a $300 cash prize. The prizes have been sponsored by Daily News advertisers.
The categories and their prize sponsors are as follows:
• Main dishes, Flint’s TV & Appliances — entrees that anchor a meal.
• Desserts, Clancy’s — for the sweet tooth in all of us.
• Party Pleasers, Wilson Health — appetizers and snacks that perk up a get-together.
• Soups, Stews and Chili, Sidney and Troy CarStar — the hearty dishes that keep us going all winter long and the light ones that refresh us in the hot summer months.
• On the Side, Dorothy Love Retirement Community — side dishes: vegetables, pasta, salads, breads.
• Mom and Pop’s Best, Freshway Foods — heirloom recipes for dishes you remember from your childhood or for current family favorites.
Clancy’s also has sponsored the grand prize.
All recipes must be typed. They must include the names of the dishes, the categories they’re submitted in, complete lists of ingredients and instructions, and the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of the submitters.
Emailed recipes are preferred and can be sent to SDNrecipes@civitasmedia.com. Recipes in hard copy can be mailed or delivered to the Sidney Daily News, 1451 N. Vandemark Road, Sidney, OH 45365.
For information, call 538-4824.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824.