• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Free.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Greater Columbus: The 2016 Greater Columbus Arts Council Visual Arts Exhibition” through Nov. 6; “Lucy Raven: Low Relief” through Nov. 27; “Dogs” through 2017; “Glass Magic” through 2018; “Graphic Novelist Residency Exhibition: Ronald Wimberly” through Feb. 19; “The Sun Placed in the Abyss,” “Bodies@Work: The Work of Ruben and Isabel Toledo” and ““Aminah’s Presidential Suite.” Hours vary. And a talk today by Michael B. coleman, “The Obama Years: A Conversation with Former Mayor,” at 7 p.m. Admission: $6-$20. Advance registration required for talk at 614-629-0359. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Million Dollar Quartet” through Saturday. Thursdays, Fridays at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.; Saturdays at 5 p.m. Tickets: $59-$75, includes dinner. 800-677-9505.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Jitney” through Nov. 12. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at www.cincyplay.com or 800-582-3208.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents, “Vessels, Vistas & Visions,” art by Pamela Ridenour, Donna Pierce-Clark and Shirley DeLaet, which runs through Nov. 27. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents “Ravaged Sublime: Landscape Photography in the 21st Century” through Jan. 8. Wednesday and Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors 60 and older, students 18 and older and active military; $6 children 7-17; free for members and children 6 and under.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, opens solo exhibitions by Terry Glass and Stephen Goettsch through Nov. 18. Exhibit open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Columbus Children’s Theatre presents “Sleepy Hollow: A Musical Tale” in the Park Street Theatre, 512 Park St., Columbus, today through Nov. 5. Times vary. Tickets: $12-$25 at 614-224-6672.
• Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra performs Beethoven’s “Missa Solemnis” in the Taft Theater, 317 E. Fifth St., Cincinnati, today at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets: $12-$107 at 513-381-3300.
• Wright State University presents “No, No, Nanette!” today through Nov. 13 in the Festival Playhouse on campus, 3640 Col. Glenn Highway, Fairborn. Times vary. Tickets: $22 adults, $22 seniors and students, at 937-775-2500.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, screens “The Glenn Miller Story” at 6:30 p.m., followed by a talk by Robert Matzen, “Mission: Jimmy Stewart and the Fight for Europe. Tickets: $8 at email@example.com.
• Trick or Treat in Anna, Cridersville, New Knoxville, Russia and Wapakoneta form 6 to 7:30 p.m., in Hardin, Houston and Lockington from 6 to 8 p.m.; in Kettlersville from 6 to 7 p.m.; in Minster and New Bremen from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra presents “Sinatra and Friends with Steve Lippia,” today and Saturday at 8 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $29-$79 at www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine hosts the Elder Financial Exploitation Symposium from 8 a.m. to noon in the Wright State University Nutter Center Berry Room, 3640 Col. Glenn Highway, Fairborn. Free. Register at www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/elderabuse.
• Darke County Parks hosts a sunrise hike at 7:30 a.m. and hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free.
• Marion Palace Theatre, 276 W. Center St., Marion, presents Ronnie Milsap in concert at 8 p.m. Tickets: $27-$52 at 740-383-2101.
• The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, presents a Halloween-themed family day, Spooktacular Aerospace Fun, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wear a costume and participate in games, activities, crafts, scavenger hunt and story time. Free. Schedule at 937-255-4646.
• Ohio Craft Brewers Association presents Dia de las Cervezas, a craft-beer tasting event for people 21 and older, from 4 to 9 p.m. in Top of the Market, 32 Webster St., Dayton. Music, food trucks, costume contest, face painting, Tarot readings, 30 brewery samplings. Tickets: $40-$60 in advance at www.beerfesttickets.com/diadelascervezas; $50-$75 at the door. Designated driver tickets, $20. 937-223-4278.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents Boo Bash 2016 for families from 1 to 4 p.m. Entertainment, crafts, games, refreshments, scavenger hunt and Monster Mash dance. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Hobart Arena, 255 Adams St., Troy, presents “Stayin Alive: One Night of the Bee Gees” at 8 p.m. Tickets: $19.50-$39.50 at www.hobartarena.com.
• Darke County Parks presents a program about bats for children in kindergarten through second grade at 10 a.m. in the Shawnee Pririe Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents “Mutts Gone Nuts” at 1 and 4 p.m. in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton. Tickets: $15; a workshop led by cast members for children 5-10 at 2:15 p.m. Fee: $5; at 937-228-3630.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, hosts the Woodcarver’s Show and Sale today from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Show only admission: $7; village admission: $16 adults, 410 children 6-16; children under 6 free. 800-590-9755.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents Haunted Woods today and Sunday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Family friendly animal encounters, refreshments, crafts, games, stories and costumed characters. Admission: $3 members, $5 nonmembers. 937-698-6493.
• Palace Theatre, 34 W. Broad St., Columbus, presents Anthony Bourdain at 8 p.m. Tickets: $55-$75 plus fees at www.capa.com.
• Count Krumnow’s Tombstone Derby offers a parade, haunted house and motorized casket races in Depot Park, 353 Ottawa St., Elmore, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free.
• Miami County Park District hosts a Nature Play Date,”What’s Under That Log?,” at 2 p.m. in the Stillwater Prairie Reserve Natural Play Area, 9750 E. state Route 185, Covington, and a Halloween Happening Jack-o-Lantern hike and trunk or treat from 7 to 9 p.m. in theLost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. state Route 41, Troy. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Miami Valley Veterans Museum hosts its fifth annual quarter auction from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Troy Eagles F.O.E. 971 Campgrounds, 2252 Troy-Urbana Road, Troy. Food available.
• Trick or Treat in St. Marys from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Trick or Treat in Botkins from 1 to 2:30 p.m.; in Fort Loramie and Newport from 3 to 4:30 p.m.; in St. Henry and Versailles from 2 to 4 p.m; in Jackson Center from 6 to 7 p.m.
• Trick or Treat in Sidney, Maplewood, Port Jefferson and Tawawa from 6 to 7:30 p.m.; in Piqua, Tipp City and Troy from 6 to 8 p.m.
• The Tri-Moraine Audubon Society will screen “Green Fire” at 7:30 p.m. in the Student Services Center on the Ohio State University Lima Campus, 4240 Campus Drive, Lima. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time for for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m., the Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m. and the Lego Robotics Club, for children in grades 3-7 and their parents at 4:30 p.m. Advance registration for robotics at 419-628-2925.
• Miami County Park District hosts an adult exploration hike from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Honey Creek Preserve, 4536 state Route 202, Tipp City. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Darke County Parks presents a cemetery tour in Greenville Union Cemetery, corner of West and Main streets, Greenville, at 5:30 p.m. Free. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• New Knoxville Library hosts Perler bead craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster host Coffee and Craft for adults. Make an autumn candle at 10:30 a.m. or at 6 p.m. And presents a program by the Armstron Air and Space Museum, “From Auglaize County to the Moon,” at 6p.m. Advance registration required for craft at 419-628-2925.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m. 419-753-2724.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and reader’s theater for children in grades 4-5 at 3:30 p.m.
• Miami County Park District hosts a Health Trekkers hike at 10 a.m. in the Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. state Route 41, Troy. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org.