• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Orchids,” an exhibit of 1,600 flowers, through March 5. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 people over 60 and college students; $7 children 3-17; members and children 2 and under, free. 614-715-8000.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents the 27th annual Dayton Area “Works on Paper” exhibit through Feb. 27. Reception today at 6 p.m. Gallery hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• The Farmer Family Gallery, Reed Hall, on the campus of the Ohio State University at Lima, presents an exhibit of paintings by Michael Noland, “A Map of the World.” The exhibit continues through March 10. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekdays. Admission is free.
• Mansfield Art Center, 700 Marian Ave., Mansfield, presents “The Glow of Paris — The Bridges of Paris at Night,” photographs by Gary Zuercher, through Feb. 26.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Little Shop of Horrors” through Feb. 19. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at 800-582-3208.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents an exhibit,”Immigration,” in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave., through Feb. 25. Monday-Friday, 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon. Free. 498-1653.
• Human Race Theatre Co. presents “26 Pebbles” in the Loft Theatre, 126 N. Main St., Dayton, through Feb. 19. Times vary. Tickets: $25-$50 at 937-228-3630.
• Today is the deadline to register for a pollinator clinic scheduled for Feb. 4 at 1 p.m. in the Darke County Parks Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Wright State University Theatre presents “The Children’s Hour” today through Sunday and Wednesday through Feb. 12 in the Creative Arts Center, 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Fairborn. Times vary. Tickets: $22 adults, $20 students and seniors at 937-775-2500.
• Short North Stage presents “Hand to God” in the Garden Theater, 1187 N. High St., Columbus, today through Feb. 26. Times vary. Tickets: $30 at shortnorthstage.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Steel Magnolias” through Feb. 26. Times vary. Tickets: $61-$75, adults; $30 children; includes dinner. 800-677-9505.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts a discussion of the book, “She’s Come Undone,” at 6 p.m.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra presents “Mahler’s Fifth” in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton, today and Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets: $16-$65 at www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• Brixx Ice Co., 500 E. First St., Dayton, hosts Barstools and Brushstrokes, painting activity at 6 p.m. Tickets: $25 plus tax at 937-222-2257.
• Illustrator Cydnie Deed and Miami Valley Quilt Art Network host a reception in the Fifth Third Center, 1 S. Main St., from 5 to 7 p.m. Free. 937-228-2224.
• Dayton Theatre Guild, 430 Wayne Ave., Dayton, presents “Luna Gale” at 8 p.m. Tickets: $13-$20 at daytontheatreguild.org.
• Russia Branch Library, 200 Raider St., Russia, hosts story time at 10:15 a.m.
• Blind Bob’s, 430 E. Fifth St., Dayton, presents The Story Changes, Lovely, Old Game and Sidekick Complex. 937-938-6405.
• Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., Dayton, presents the Miami Valley Pipe and Drum at 7 p.m. and FinTan at 9 p.m. 937-224-7822.
• Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., Dayton, presents Devil Doves at 9:30 p.m. 937-461-1101.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, screens “On a Clear Day You Can See Forever” at 7:30 p.m., for people 13 and older. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Today is the deadline to register for a worm composting class scheduled for Feb. 23 at 6 p.m. in the Darke County Parks Nature Center, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $15. 937-548-0165.
• Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. today for a concert by Deep Purple and Alice Cooper with the Edgar Winter Band, scheduled for Sept. 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati. Tickets at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra presents “Rachmaninoff: Symphony No. 2,” with oboist Dwight Parry and conductor Edo de Waart in the Taft Theatre, 317 E. Fifth St., Cincinnati, at 11 a.m. today and 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: $22-$120 at cincinnatisymphony.org.
• Houston Community Association hosts pizza night from 4:30 to 9 p.m. in the Houston Community Center, 5005 Russia-Houston Road, Houston. Dine in or carry out. Pizzas: $10-$17. Order ahead at 937-295-3598.
• Old Time Country Jamboree performs from 7 to 10 p.m. in the Spring Creek Christian Church, 63 Wells Road. Admission: $3.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, offers a beginning beekeeping class which meets today and Feb. 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fee: $60. 937-698-6493.
• Darke County Center for the Arts presents We Banjo 3 in concert at 8 p.m. in the St. Clair Memorial Hall, 215 W. Fourth St., Greenville. Tickets: $20 at centerforthearts.net.
• Ohio Living Dorothy Love, 3003 Cisco Road, presents Johnny in concert at 7 p.m. Free but tickets are required and available at 497-6543.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster opens its Friends of the Library book sale today and it runs through Feb. 11 during regular library hours.
• Darke County Park District hosts the Down to Earth Book Club who meet to discuss “1491: New Revelations of the Americas before Columbus” at 6:30 p.m., in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve Nature Center, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum presents “Street Names of Dayton, by Angie Hoschouer in the Vandalia Senior Center, 21 Tionda Drive S., Vandalia, at 1 p.m. Free. 937-898-1232.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., hosts a drop-in craft, “Red and Pink Explosion,” for children in grades K-5, from 3 to 5 p.m. Free.
• New Knoxville Library offers a drop-in craft, Valentine Box for School, from 3 to 7 p.m. Free.
• Miami County Park District hosts Trailing Moms & Tots, a hike for mothers and children up to 5, from 10 a.m. to noon, in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts preschool story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m., Lego Builders Club for all ages at 3:30 p.m. and Lego Robotics Club for children in grades 3-7 and their parents at 4:30 p.m. Advance registration required for robotics at 419-628-2925.
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and Wednesday in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502 W., Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• St. Marys Community Public Library, 140 S. Chestnut St., St. Marys, presents an exhibit of photos and pioneer artifacts and Judy Green performing as Laura Ingalls Wilder at 6 p.m. Free. 419-394-7471.
• Miami County Park District hosts an adult exploration hike from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, offers a computer technology class for all levels from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Fee: $40. Advance registration required at 937-339-0457.
• Amos Memorial Public Library, 230 E. North St., hosts Tales for Twos at 9:30 a.m. and Mother Goose Time at 10:30 a.m. Free.
• New Knoxville Library hosts Paws to Read for children in grades K-2 to to read to dogs at 3:15 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster screens a classic movie at 1 p.m. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org.