• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Orchids,” an exhibit of 1,600 flowers, through March 5. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults, $11 people over 60 and college students; $7 children 3-17; members and children 2 and under, free. 614-715-8000.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents the 27th annual Dayton Area “Works on Paper” exhibit through Feb. 27. Reception today at 6 p.m. Gallery hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• The Farmer Family Gallery, Reed Hall, on the campus of the Ohio State University at Lima, presents an exhibit of paintings by Michael Noland, “A Map of the World.” The exhibit continues through March 10. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekdays. Admission is free.
• Mansfield Art Center, 700 Marian Ave., Mansfield, presents “The Glow of Paris — The Bridges of Paris at Night,” photographs by Gary Zuercher, through Feb. 26.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Little Shop of Horrors” through Sunday. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at 800-582-3208.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents an exhibit,”Immigration,” in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave., through Feb. 25. Monday-Friday, 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon. Free. 498-1653.
• Human Race Theatre Co. presents “26 Pebbles” in the Loft Theatre, 126 N. Main St., Dayton, through Sunday. Times vary. Tickets: $25-$50 at 937-228-3630.
• Short North Stage presents “Hand to God” in the Garden Theater, 1187 N. High St., Columbus, today through Feb. 26. Times vary. Tickets: $30 at shortnorthstage.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Steel Magnolias” through Feb. 26. Times vary. Tickets: $61-$75, adults; $30 children; includes dinner. 800-677-9505.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an exhibit, “Kay WalkingStick: An American Artist,” which runs through May 7. Wednesay, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.; Thursday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Admission: $8 adults, $5 seniors and active military, students and members free. daytonartinstitute.org.
• Dayton Opera present “The Abduction from the Seraglio” today at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $28-$94 at www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• The 10th annual Cincinnati Beerfest runs today and Saturday in the Duke Energy Convention Center, with admissions at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., today; and noon, 1 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturday. Tastings, entertainment, food, beard and mustache competition. Tickets: $45-$65 at www.cincybeerfest.com.
• Tickets go on sale today at 11 a.m. for the Beach Boys in concert scheduled for July 28, for Rob Zombie in concert scheduled for July 12, and for Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit with the Mountain Goats in concert scheduled for July 2, in the Rose Music Center at the Heights in Huber Heights. Tickets: $23.50-$62 plus fees at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Russia Branch Library, 200 Raider St., Russia, hosts story time at 10:15 a.m.
• The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati presents “The Wizard of Oz” today through Sunday, in the Taft Theatre, 317 E. 5th St., Cincinnati. Times vary. Tickets: $10-$20 plus fees at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Marion Palace Theatre, 276 W. Center St., Marion, presents “James and the Giant Peach” today and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets: $18 adults, $12 children under 13 at marionpalace.org.
• Mohican State Park, 3116 state Route 3, Loudonville, presents a program, “Wildlife Invasion,” at 7:30 p.m. Free. 419-994-5125, ext. 20.
• Dayton Arts Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents Red, Red, Red in its Vine & Canvas wine tasting series from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tickets: in advance $30 members, $35 nonmembers at daytonartinstitute.org; $40 at the door.
• Miami County Park District hosts Great Backyard Bird Count bird walks today from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Stillwater Prairie Reserve Rangeline, 7790 N. Rangeline Road, Covington, and Sunday from 10 a.m. to noon in the Charleston Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, presents a globe-trotting event from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Story time at 11:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., aerospace Adventure making a satellite from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Free. 937-255-4646.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, hosts the Frozen in Time Festival from 1 to 5 p.m. Sledding, snowman-building, scavenger hunt, parlor games, bobsled ride, displays, appearance by Elsa from the movie, “Frozen.” Admission: $14 adults, $7 students, children 3 and under free. 800-590-9755.
• Darke County Parks offers a class, Backyard Sugaring, at 10 a.m. in the Shawnee Prairie. Learn to tap maples and make syrup. Free. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Miami County YMCA hosts a Saturday Night Live Youth Event for children in grades K-6 from 7 to 11:30 p.m. in the Robinson Branch, 3060 S. county Road 25A, Troy. Swimming, games, bounce house, movie, pizza. Fee: $10 members, $16 nonmembers. Register at 937-440-9622.
• The Columbus Dispatch presents the Home & Garden Show today through Feb. 26 in the Ohio Expo Center, 717 E. 17th Ave., Columbus. Today and Monday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday-Friday, noon to 8 p.m. Admission: $11-$35 at www.dispatchhomeandgardenshow.com.
• HBA House & Home Show runs today from 3 to 8 p.m., Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the SeaGate Convention Centre, 401 Jefferson Ave., Toledo. Admission: $10. toledohba.com.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, 118 Woodland Ave., Dayton, hosts a winter bird walk from 9 to 11 a.m. Registration at 937-228-3221. Free.
• Mohican State Park, 3116 state Route 3, Loudonville, hosts an owl walk from 8 to 10 p.m. beginning in the nature center in the Class A campground. Registration required at 419-994-5125, ext. 20. Free.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts View from the Vista, birdwatching, from 2 to 4 p.m. 937-698-6493.
• Sidney American Legion Post 217, 1265 Fourth Ave., hosts a brunch buffet from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals: $8 adults, $4 children 6-12; children under 6 eat free.
• Today is the deadline for children in grades K-6 to register for President’s Day Camp scheduled for Monday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Miami County YMCA, 223 W. High St., Piqua. Swimming and trip to Jumpy’s. Take a lunch. Fee: $20 members, $26 nonmembers at 937-773-9622.
• Mohican State Park, 3116 state Route 3, Loudonville, hosts a bird walk at 10 a.m. 419-994-5125, ext. 20.
• Maumee Bay State Park, 1400 State Park Road, Oregon, hosts birdwatching from indoors for the Great Backyard Bird Count from noon to 4 p.m. 419-836-7758.
• Miami County Park District hosts a dog social, Valentine Dog Lovers, in the Charles Falls Preserve, 2535 Ross Road, Tipp City, from 1 to 3 p.m. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Today is the deadline to register for the Love Your Heart seminar scheduled for Feb. 22 at 6 p.m. in the Versailles Health Care Center, 200 W. Marker Road, Versailles. Heart health program by Jordan D. Francis. Free. Register at 937-536-5570.
• New Knoxville Library hosts Bingo Bash for all ages from 3 to 4 p.m. Free.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts family story time at 6:15 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Miami County Liberty presents a talk for youth and the public by Lauren Hudson, “2017-Next Generation Freedom,” at 7 p.m., in the Concord Room, 845 W. Market St., Troy. Free. www.miamicountyliberty.org.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents the Central State University Jazz Ensemble in concert during its Mid-Day Arts Cafe event at 11:30 a.m., in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $15 includes lunch, at www.ticketcenterstae.com.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts preschool story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m.
• Darke County Parks hosts Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and Wednesday in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502 W., Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati, 1127 Vine St., Cincinnati, presents “When We Were Young and Unafraid” through March 12. Times vary. Tickets: $22-$48 at ensemblecincinnati.org.
• Darke County Parks hosts an early morning discovery walk at 8 a.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org.