• Darke County Parks hosts a Spring Sensations hike, “Woodcock Walk,” at 6:30 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Free.FRIDAY
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra presents “Once upon a Love Song” with Mark Masri at 8 p.m. today and Saturday in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Tickets: $29-$79 at www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main, Troy, opens an exhibit, “Arte Cubano 2016,” with a reception from 5 to 6:45 p.m. Exhibit continues through April 30. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Tickets go on sale today at 11 a.m. for a concert by King & Country scheduled for June 24 in the Rose Music Center in Huber Heights. Tickets: $23.50-$47 plus fees at www.Rosemusiccenter.com.
• The Farmer Family Gallery, Reed Hall, on the campus of the Ohio State University at Lima, presents an exhibit of paintings by Michael Noland, “A Map of the World.” The exhibit continues through Friday. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekdays. Admission is free.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents the Blue Heron Trio in concert at 5:30 p.m., and an exhibit, “Kay WalkingStick: An American Artist,” which runs through May 7. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.; Thursday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Admission: $8 adults, $5 seniors and active military, students and members free. daytonartinstitute.org.
• Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati, 1127 Vine St., Cincinnati, presents “When We Were Young and Unafraid” through Sunday. Times vary. Tickets: $22-$48 at ensemblecincinnati.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “Away in the Basement: A Church Basement Ladies Christmas” through April 23. Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Saturday at 5:30 p.m. Tickets: $61-$75 at 800-677-9505. Includes meal.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, exhibits “A Dangerous Woman, Subversion and Surrealism in the Art of Honore Sharrer” through May 21; “Shakespeare in Prague: Imagining the Bard in the Heart of Europe” through May 10; “Bodies@Work: The Work of Ruben and Isabel Toledo,” through June 30; “Aminah’s Presidential Suite” through Dec. 31; “Dogs” through April 30; and “Glass Magic” through Dec. 31, 2018; hours vary; and a talk today at 6:30 p.m. by Dr. Pavel Drabek, “Shakespeare in Czech Lands.” Talk tickets include museum admission: $10 nonmembers, $5 members, at columbusmuseum.org.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, presents “The Poet’s Desk,” an exhibit of sculpture by Cynthia Gregory, and “Interjubjective Indusgence,” an exhibit of paintings by Heather Lea Reid through April 7. Reception today, 6 to 8 p.m. Gallery hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Wright State University-Lake Campus in Celina presents a talk by FBI agent Craig Schulte, at 3 p.m. in the James F. Dicke Hall on campus. email@example.com.
• Russia Branch Library, 200 Raider St., Russia, hosts story time at 10:15 a.m.
• Knights of Columbus Sidney Council No. 659, 1300 N. Fourth Ave., hosts a fish fry from 5 to 7 p.m. Meals: for adults $8 eat-in; $7.50 carry-out; for children 11 and under, $4.50.
• VFW, 2841 Wapakoneta Ave., hosts a fish fry from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Meals: $7.50 eat in; $7 carry-out.
• Hocking Hills State Park, 19852 state Route 664, Logan, presents Maple Sugaring in the Hills today, Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Naturalist’s Cabin behind the Old Man’s Cave Visitor Center. Free. www.explorehockinghills.com.
• Miami County Park District hosts a Souper Walk, a hike and a cup of soup, at 7 p.m. in the Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. state Route 41, Troy. Free. Register at miamicountyparks.com.
• Greenville Public Library presnets a reading by author Lee Martin at 7 p.m. iun the Montage Cafe, 527 S. Broadway, Greenivlle. Free.
• Cedar Bog Nature Preserve, 980 Woodburn Road, Urbana, presents “Shawano Wisdom Keepers — Kindling of the Fire,” a fundraising program, at 10 a.m. Advance registration required. Tickets: $50.58 at kindleurbana.eventbrite.com.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Jane Eyre” through April 8. Times vary. Tickets: $35 and up at 800-582-3208.
• Darke County Parks presents a program, “Antler Amble” for children 3-6 from 9:30 a.m. to noon in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Pasco United Methodist Church, 17483 state Route 706, hosts a pancake and sausage breakfast from 8 a.m. to noon to benefit Hayden Weiskittel. Meals: $5 adults; $3 children 6-12.
• Malabar Farm State Park, 4050 Bromfield Road, Lucas, presents the Maple Syrup Festival at Malabar Farm today and Sunday, from noon to 4 p.m. Horse-drawn wagon rides, sugaring demonstrations, exhibits, free syrup samples. Free. www.MansfieldTourism.com.
• Hueston Woods State Park, 6301 Park Office Road, College Corner, hosts a maple syrup festival today and Sunday, from noon to 4 p.m. Pancake breakfast, maple syrup tours, hay rides, hikes. Free. 513-524-4250.
• Wright State University Collegiate Young Farmers and the Darke and Mercer County Farm Bureau present the Emerging Agricultural Conference from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the James F. Dicke Hall on the Wright State University-Lake Campus in Celina. Free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
• Houston Community Center, 5005 Russia-Houston Road, Houston, hosts its 13th annual homemade chicken-n-noodle/beef-n-noodle dinner from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations accepted.
• Dayton Performing Arts Alliance presents “Presto, Mambo! with the Platypus Theatre Company” featuring the Dayton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, at 3 p.m. in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Children’s activities in lobby at 2 p.m. Tickets: $22 adults, $12 students at www.daytonperformingarts.org and “A Taste of the Arts” featuring artists of the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, Dayton Opera and Dayton Ballet, at 3 p.m. in the Centerville High School Central Theater, 500 E. Franklin St., Centerville. Free.
• Lock One Community Arts presents Danu in concert at 3 p.m. in the James F. Dicke Auditorium in New Bremen High School. Tickets: $30 adults; $10 students at 567-356-2048.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents the Arianna String Quartet in concert at 3 p.m. Tickets: $30 nonmembers, $25 members at 614-268-0750.
• Wright State University-Lake Campus in Celina screens the film, “He Named Me Malala” and hosts a discussion about it at 2 p.m. in Room 177 Dwyer Hall on campus. Free. Email email@example.com for information.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Scrabble Fun for adults at 1 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library host the Lego Builders Club for children 3-12 at 3 p.m. Free.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts Family Night from 4 to 7 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, hosts a Dr. Seuss Cupcake Decorating class for teens at 4 p.m. and for all ages at 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 937-773-6753.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts preschool story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m. and Reader’s Theater for children in grades K-3 at 3:30 p.m.
• Darke County Parks hosts an early morning discovery hike for adults at 8 a.m. and Project FeederWatch, bird-watching, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and Wednesday in the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 state Route 502 W., Greenville. Free. 937-548-0165.
• La Comedia Dinner Theatre, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” today, Wednesday, March 18, 21, 22,25, 28 and 29 at 10:30 a.m. Tickets: $10, includes lunch. 800-677-9505.
• New Knoxville Community Library offers a craft for children in fourth grade and older at 3 p.m. Free.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts a book discussion group at 2 p.m. Free.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and a craft for adults, using Washi tape, at 1 p.m. Registration required for craft at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Community Library hosts story time for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, hosts story time for children up to 5 at 10:30 a.m. Free.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org.