• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton, presents an interactive exhibit, “The Antarctic Sublime & Elements of Nature: Water,” which runs through Oct. 16. Today, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Wednesday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, noon-5 p.m. Admission: $14 adults; $11 seniors, college students, active military; $6 children 7-17; members and children 6 and under free. And a talk today by Dr. Aimee Marcereau DeGalan at 6 p.m. Admission: $20 nonmembers, $5 members. 937-223-4278.
• The DeGraff Country Fair runs today from 5 to 10 p.m., Friday from 5 p.m. to midnight, and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. in downtown DeGraff. Rides, beer, exhibits, contests, pageant, karaoke, entertainment, food, 5K, flu shots. Parade at 2 p.m. Saturday. Free.
• Shelby County Historical Society continues its exhibit, “Intrepid Women of Shelby County,” which runs through October, in the Ross Historical Center, 201 N. Main Ave. Monday-Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon. Free.
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Origami in the Garden,” large- and small-scale works in metal, through Nov. 13. Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: $13 adults, $10 seniors and students, $6 children 3-17, members and children 2 and under, free. fpconservatory.org.
• La Comedia Dinner Theater, 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, presents “The Wizard of Oz” through Sunday. Times vary. Tickets: $59-$75 adults; $30 children 11 and under. 800-677-9505.
• Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, presents “Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change” and “Picasso: 25 Years of Edition Ceramics,” which run through Sept. 10. Hours vary. Admission: $6-$20. www.columbusmuseum.org.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents an exhibit of woven coverlets, “Covering the Past,” through Sunday. Admission is free. 937-339-0457.
• National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wight-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, runs “MathAlive!,” an inteactive exhibit of video games, sports, design, music, entertainment, space and robotics, through Oct. 2. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday through Saturday. Free.
• The Darke County Fair continues through Saturday on the Darke County Fairgrounds, 800 Sweitzer St., Greenville. Admission: $7 for adults 12 and older; children under 12 free with paying adult. www.darkecountyfair.com.
• Allen County Fair continues through Saturday. Daily 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., on the Allen County Fairgrounds, 2750 Harding Highway, Lima. Admission: $7, children 6 and under free.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, presents a talk by Randi Simon-Serey, “Creating Dramatic Gardens,” at 6:30 p.m. Free. 937-773-6753.
• Adventures on the Great Miami presents Hog Jam today and Saturday at 1995 Ross Road, Tipp City. Performance by The Almighty Get Down at 9 p.m. Saturday.
• Tipp City Players Community Theatre presents “The Music Man” in the Tipp Central Auditorium, 223 W. Broadway St., Tipp City, today and Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets: $15 adults. 937-667-7469.
• Darke County Parks hosts hikes for butterfly monitoring at 2 p.m. in the Shawnee Prairie Nature Preserve, 4267 state Route 502, Greenville.
• The fifth annual Clifton Gorge Music and Arts Festival runs today from 4 to 11 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. at Ohio 343 and Clay Street, Clifton. Cruise-in, beer, entertainment, children’s activities, crafts, vendors. Free/ 937-342-2175.
• The 32nd annual Trans Am Nationals car show runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Saturday at the Holiday Inn I-675/Homewood Suites, 2800 Presidential Drive, Fairborn. Car show, cruise-in, vendors, swap meet, entertainment. Free. www.tanationals.com.
• The Obetz Zucchini Festival runs today and Friday from 5 to 11 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 11 p.m. in Memorial Park, 4275 Alum Creek Drive, Obetz. Pageant, beer, food, entertainment, cruise-in, vendors. Parade at 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Free. obetzzucchinifest.com.
• Victoria Theatre Association screens “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” in the Victoria Theatre, 138 N. Main St., Dayton, today and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. Tickets: $6 at www.ticketcenterstage.com.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents CAAMP in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Sauder Village, 22611 state Route 2, Archbold, presents the Men of Independence, a barbershop choir, in concert at 1 p.m. Tickets: $16 adults, $10 students 6-16, children 5 and under free. www.saudervillage.org.
• Miami Valley Kruzers host a cruise-in from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the A.B. Graham Memorial Center, Ohio 36 and Alcony-Conover Road, Conover. Registration from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Car show, tractor show, food, family activities, sqap meet, garage sale, door prizes. abgraham.org.
• The Great Sidney Farmers Market runs from 8 a.m. to noon, on the courtsquare in downtown Sidney.
• Allen County Fair presents Rascal Flatts in concert at the fairgrounds, 2750 Harding Highway, Lima, at 8 p.m. Tickets: $45-$65 at allencofair.com.
• TAM FM hosts Free to Be a Kid Day from noon to 4 p.m. at the Vandemark Farm, 2401 S. Vandemark Road. Hot dogs, popcorn, petting zoo, activities games. Free. Hayrides, $2; miniature golf, $3; giant swing, $6; zipline, $25. www.1055tamfm.com.
• Southwestern Auglaize County Summer Concert Series presents Big Band Sounds of A.C. Swing in concert in the Crown Pavilion in New Bremen at 6:30 p.m. Free. Take lawn chairs.
• The Air Force Museum Theatre at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Fairborn, screens “Jurassic World” at 4 p.m. Tickets: $5 at 937-656-4629.
• Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market St., Lima, presents a talk, “What’s a Hootenanny?,” by Doug Adams, at 2 p.m. Free. 419-222-9426.
• The Outreach Commission of Sts. Peter and Paul Church in Newport and St. Michael Church in Fort Loramie host a breakfast in St. Michael’s Hall, 33 Elm St., Fort Loramie, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Meals: $6.50 adults, children under 12 free.
• Shelby County Historical Society presents a living history recreation of a 1911 Sidney City Council meeting, “Morality vs Jobs: The Alcohol Wars in Sidney,” at 7 p.m., in the Masonic Temple, 303 E. Poplar St. Free. 498-1653.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Drive, Kettering, opens HWD (Height x Width x Depth), an exhibit of sculpture, which runs through Oct. 7. Reception, Sept. 1, from 6 to 8 p.m. Exhibit open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. 937-296-0294.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time for all ages and free freeze pops at 3:30 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Story Time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m. 419-629-2158.
• Actors Theatre of Louisville, 316 W. Main St., Louisville, Kentucky, presents “The 39 Steps,” today through Sept. 18. Times vary. Tickets: $25-$59 at www.actorstheatre.org.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster hosts story time and freeze pops for all ages at 3:30 p.m.
• Hancock County Fair opens today and runs through Sept. 5 at the fairgrounds, 1017 E. Sandusky St., Findlay. Admission: $7 for one adult and dependent children 15 and under; active military, free. www.hancockfairgrounds.com.
• New Knoxville Public Library hosts storytime for children 3 to first grade at 3 p.m.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and reader’s theater for students in grades 4-5 at 3:30 p.m. Free.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to email@example.com.