SIDNEY — The Shelby County commissioners have proclaimed today, May 3, 2018, a national day of prayer in Shelby County.
They also signed a proclamation declaring May as Motorcycle Awareness Month.
In other April business, the commission:
• Reappointed Diann Rodrigues to the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund Western Ohio Regional Prevention Council.
• Approved the vacation of a portion of Road 1048 and a portion of East Lane in Loramie Township.
• Released $1,323 in permissive license fees to the village of Kettlersville.
• Authorized bids for communications and technology at Fair Haven. Bids will be opened May 10 at 2 p.m. in the commissioners’ chambers in the Shelby County Annex.
• Opened and took under advisement four bids for the Gearhart Road sanitary sewer extension project.
• Awarded a contract in the amount of $60,720 for the Wones Road bridge replacement project to Prestress Service Industries.
• Opened and tood under advisement one bid for the 2018 resurfacing program.
• Authorized advertising for bids on the transitional housing project. Bids will be opened May 24 at 11 a.m. in the commissioners’ chambers in the Shelby County Annex.