FORT LORAMIE — Fort Loramie Village Council voted during its regular meeting Nov. 9 to change village income taxes due to the passage of Ohio HB 5, set tax code violation penalties and establish a tax review board.
In other business, the council:
• Approved a payment of $24,727.80 to Braun Excavating for work completed at Redskin Memorial Park.
• Authorized the adoption of electric and natural gas aggregation plans of operation and governance and authorized the village administrator to enter into agreements for the purchase of natural gas and electricity.
• Discussed the possibility of selling Plat 661 in Industrial Park at a rate of $12,500 per acre with a requirement that building must be complete within two years. The idea needs planning commission approval.
• Reallocated funds to pay bills.
• Learned that the Ohio Department of Transportation has apaproved a four-way stop at the intersection of Greenback, Ohio 705 and Dawson.
• Learned that Elm Street curbs have been repaired and residents will be assessed when all curbs are repaired.
• Discussed changes that are needed on blueprints from Rapid Construction for a storage/football building at Redskin Park.
• Learned that the total net receipt for FY2015 was $1,068,670.92 and that receipts were up 6 percent from 2014.
• Convened a public meeting regarding the electric and natural gas aggregation plan. No residents attended.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4824. Follow her on Twitter @PASpeelmanSDN.