• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, presents “Wildlife & Wild Places,” a talk about bears by Ohio Department of Wildlife staff, at 7 p.m. Tickets” $5 members; $10 nonmembers. 937-698-6493.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, presents Oakwood Brass in concert at 7:30 p.m. Free. 937-339-0457.
• Virginia Kettering’s Train Display runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weekdays, through Jan. 2 in the Kettering Tower, Second and Main streets, Dayton. Free. 937-224-1518.
• Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, 962 Mount Adams Circle, Cincinnati, presents “Low Down Dirty Blues” through Sunday and “A Christmas Carol” through Dec. 30. Times vary. Tickets $35-$86 at 800-582-3208 and www.cincyplay.com.
• Rosewood Gallery, 2655 Olson Dr., Kettering, opens an exhibit, “Art Ed: An Art Educators’ Exhibition,” which will be on display through Dec. 31.
• Harrodsburg, Kentucky, presents “The Sights and Sounds of the 2015 Holiday Season,” various events today through Dec. 26. www.HarrodsburgKy.com.
• Victoria Theatre Association presents Wintergarden Wonderland in the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Rike’s animated windows, children’s activities. Daily 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Dec. 31. Free.
• Woodland Cemetary and Arboretum, 118 Woodland Ave., Dayton, presents its annual Holiday Floral Display in the Woodland Mausoleum through Dec. 31 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Decorate an ornament for the remembrance tree. 937-228-3221.
• The Sidney High School Band performs in concert at the school, 815 Campbell Road, at 7 p.m. Free.
• Fort Loramie Junior/Senior High, 575 Greenback Road, Fort Loramie, presents its Christmas concert at 7 p.m. Free.
• New Knoxville Library offers an adult, winter-themed craft at 6 p.m. Advance registration at 419-753-2724.
• The Corcoran Duo performs in the KeyBank Tower, 10 W. Second St., Dayton, at noon. Free.
• Sweet Betsy performs in the Kettering Tower, 41 N. Main St., Dayton, at noon. Free.
• Anna Community Library presents story time, “The Night Before Christmas,” at 1 p.m.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts a Winter Party for Wildlife from 6 to 7 p.m. Admission fee: a donated item to support animals. 937-698-6493.
• Tri-Moraine Audubon society hosts the Audubon Chirstmas Bird county at 7:30 a.m. today at Indian Lake, beginning at McDonalds in Russels Point and at 7:30 a.m. Sunday at Grand Lake St. Marys, beginning at McDonalds on Ohio 29 just off Ohio 33 in St. Marys. 216-905-8909.
• The Neon, 130 E. Fifth St., Dayton, screens the movie, “A Christmas Story,” at noon. Tickets: $2 adults; free for children 12 and under. 937-222-7469.
• Darke County Parks preents a Junior Naturalists program for children in grades 3-6, from 9:30 a.m. to noon, in the Shawnee Prairie Peserve, 4267 State Route 502, Greenville. Fee: $3. Advance registration required at 937-548-0165.
• Sidney Dance Company presents “A Christmas Spectacular” today at 2 and 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. in the Cameo Theatre, 304 S. West Ave. Dinner theater today at 6 p.m. Pictures with Santa today at 1 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets to performance: $10; to dinner theater, $25; to pictures with Santa, one canned food item. Tickets at Sharon’s School of Dance, 104 E. Poplar St., Alvetro Orthodontics, 1102 Farrington Drive, and Readmore’s Hallmark, 430 N. Main, Piqua. General admission tickets at the door.
• Brukner Nature Center, 5995 Horseshoe Bend Road, Troy, hosts View from the Vista, birdwatching, from 2 to 4 p.m. Free. 937-698-6493.
• Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra and Dayton Philharmonic Chamber Choir perform Handel’s “Messiah” at 6:30 p.m. in the Westminster Presbyterian Church, 125 N. Wilkinson St., Dayton. Tickets: $29 adults, $14 students and children, at 937-228-3630 and www.daytonperformingarts.org.
• St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 707 N. Ohio Ave., offers a Longest Night service at 7 p.m. for people who have had a tough year.
• Miami County Parks hosts a dog social, “Santa Claus Dogs,” and a Storybook Trail, “Night Tree,” both from 1 to 3 p.m., in Lost Creek Reserve, 2385 E. State Route 41, Troy, Free. Register at email@example.com.
• Jackson Center Library hosts a book discussion of “Redbird Christmas” at 5:30 p.m.
• The Sheets Memorial Library in Botkins hosts preschool story time at 6:30 p.m.
• New Bremen Library offers computer help at 5 and 6 p.m. Advance registration required at 419-629-2158.
• New Knoxville Library offers computer help at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. and Bingo Bash for all ages at 3 p.m. Advance registration required for computer help at 419-753-2724.
• Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers computer help at 10 and 11 a.m. Advance registration required at 419-628-2925.
• Anna Community Branch Library hosts Totally Awesome Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon for adults. Cards, games, Wii bowling, movie. Free.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minster presents story time for children 3 to kindergarten at 10:30 a.m.
• Darke County Park District hosts a discovery hike at 9 a.m. and Project FeederWatch, bird watching from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and Wednesday at the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 State Route 502 W., Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• Piqua Public Library, 116 W. High St., Piqua, screens the movie, “Elf,” at 2 p.m. Free.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org.