• Friends of the Cardinal Center host the Cardinal Center New Year’s Eve Fundraising Bash in the Cardinal Center in Gettysburg. Featuring the Bob Gray Orchestra, dinner, raffle. Tickets: $75 per person., $125 per couple. 547-850-9825.
• Virginia Kettering’s Train Display runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weekdays, through Saturday, in the Kettering Tower, Second and Main streets, Dayton. Free. 937-224-1518.
• The Osgood American Legion, 228 N. North St., Osgood, hosts a New Year’s Eve dance from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., with music by Walt Schmitmeyer & the Moonliters. Admission: $15 per person, includes sausage and kraut lunch. 419-582-3601.
• Troy-Hayner Cultural Center, 301 W. Main St., Troy, exhibits “A Handmade Christmas” through Sunday. Times vary. Admission free. 937-339-0457.
• Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, 118 Woodland Ave., Dayton, hosts a bird-watching walk through the cemetery and arboretum from 9 to 11 a.m., leaving from the main entrance to the cemetery. Advance registration required at 937-228-3221.
• New Bremen Public Library hosts Move and Groove to the Music for children in kindergarten through third grade at 6:30 p.m.
• Darke County Park District hosts a discovery hike at 9 a.m. and Project FeederWatch, bird watching from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today and Wednesday at the Shawnee Prairie Preserve, 4267 State Route 502 W., Greenville. 937-548-0165.
• New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children up to first grade at 6:30 p.m., and a talk about operating a drone, by Greg Garman, at 7:30 p.m.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minster presents story time for children 3-kindergarten at 10:30 a.m. and the Lego Club for children in kindergarten and older at 3:30 p.m.
• The Stallo Memorial Library in Minster offers Coffee and Craft for adults. Decorate coffee mugs at 10:30 a.m. Advance registration at 419-628-2925.
• New Bremen Public Library presents story time for children up to first grade at 10:30 a.m. and reader’s theater for children in fourth and fifth grades at 3:30 p.m.
• New Knoxville Public Library presents story time for children 3-first grade at 3 p.m.
Compiled by Patricia Ann Speelman. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org.