SIDNEY — Area blood drive sponsors are teaming up with Community Blood Center to host a blood drives locally. Everyone who registers to donate will get the special edition “Get in the Game For Life” T-shirt. Schedule an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call 1-800-388-GIVE.
The “Get in the Game For Life – Lifesaving Blood Donor” campaign celebrates November as the time of year when football championships are made. The CBC fall t-shirt honors donors as champions for saving lives.
CBC is expanding the opportunity to donate platelets and plasma at select community blood drives. Platelets are blood cells that help control bleeding. Plasma is the fluid component that helps maintain blood pressure. Both are vital to the treatment of cancer, organ transplant, burn, and trauma patients. New platelet donors are in high demand, especially those with blood types A, AB, or B-positive. Find out more at www.GivingBlood.org or talk to an apheresis specialist at (937) 461-3220.
Local blood drives in November include:
• Nov 9, Fairlawn High School, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., community blood drive
• Nov 12, Lehman Catholic High School, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., student blood drive
• Nov 14, Emerson, Sidney 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., employee blood drive
• Nov 15, Emerson., Sidney, noon to 4 p.m.
• Nov 15, West Liberty High School, West Liberty, 8 a.m. to noon, student blood drive
• Nov 19, Botkins High School, Botkins, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., student blood drive
• Nov 21, KTH Parts, ST. Paris, 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., employee blood drive
• Nov 27, Sidney American Legion, Sidney, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., community blood drive
• Nov 28, Mary Rutan Hospital, Bellefontaine, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., community blood drive
• Nov 30, Indian Lake High School, Indian Lake, 8 a.m. to noon, student blood drive
• Nov 30, Sidney High School, Sidney 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., student blood drive
The Community Blood Center is honors to recognize the following “Donors For Life”
• 180 donations: Ken Replogle, Houston
• 100 donations: Mel Bensman, Anna, Kathy Schafer, Fort Loramie, Harold Long, New Bremen
• 80 donations: Galen Collier, Sidney
• 75 donations: Jeff Barlage, Russia; Joslin Kies, Minster; Lori Werling, Sidney
• 70 donations: Louise Frey, Fort Loramie
• 40 donations: Doug Barhorst, Sidney; Mark Hina, Carol Hemmert, Sidney
• 30 donations: DeAnna Claton, Troy
• 25 donations: Kyle Wuebker, Minister; Jo Raterman, Cheryl Koester, Fort Loramie; Heidi Petty, Russia; Bertha Swab, Houston
• 20 donations: Mike Pleiman, McCartyville; Elaine Goldschmidt, Fort Loramie; Tina Dulin, Piqua; Joshua Goble, Sidney
• 10 donations: Cheryl Scott, Russia; Joshua Goble, Sidney
• 5 donations: Allie, Hall, Sidney; Rose Marie Aselage, Fort Loramie; Allie Hall, Stephanie Lobstinger, Sidney;
Learn more at www.GivingBlood.org
Connect with Community Blood Center for the latest information and services at www.GivingBlood.org. Get fast and complete answers on how to make your first donation, organize a blood drive, or bring our education program to your school. Get all the updates in the CBC/CTS newsroom, find quick links to our social media pages, or schedule your next appointment to donate by connecting to www.DonorTime.com.
Blood donation requirements: Donors are required to provide a photo ID that includes their full name. Past CBC donors are also asked to bring their CBC donor ID card. Donors must be at least 17 years of age (16 years old with parental consent: form available at www.givingblood.org or at CBC branch & blood drive locations), weigh a minimum of 110 pounds (you may have to weigh more, depending on your height), and be in good physical health. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) changes blood donor eligibility guidelines periodically. Individuals with eligibility questions are invited to email email@example.com or call 1(800)388-GIVE. Make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com.
Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services® is an independent, not-for-profit organization. Community Blood Center provides blood products to 25 hospitals and health centers within a 15-county service area in the Miami (Ohio) and Whitewater (Indiana) Valleys. For more information about Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services®, visit www.givingblood.org.