Sidney — Christian Academy Schools (CAS) will celebrate its 40 anniverary on Saturday, May 4. In order to have the community celebrate with them, CAS will host a Food Truck Rally and its first 5K.
The food truck rally will take place 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The food trucks taking part in the rally are:
• TK’s BBQ-n-Fixins, BBQ and homemade sides.
• Crème de la Crème Cakery, cupcakes, jar cakes, caramel apples, and cookie cakes.
• Thai 1 On, Thai food.
• Turkey’s-R-Us, freshly made turkey, ribs, brisket, burgers, chicken, and sides.
• Nacho Pig, smoked pulled pork nachos and sandwiches, chocolate-covered bacon.
• Cumberland Kettle Corn.
• Kleinfelder Hots and Brats, hot dogs, brats, and sausage, as well as breakfast items.
• HaolePino Hawaiian-Filipino Island Cuisine
In addition to the food trucks, there will be outside games and face painting.
The 5K will start at 9 a.m. Participants can register at cantstoprunning.com by May 1 for $25.
To round out the celebration, CAS will present productions of “Singing in the Rain Jr.” on May 3-4 at 7 p.m. Tickets for the production are $12 for adults and $10 for children. Tickets may be purchased at the school.
“We’d like the public to come help us celebrate and learn a little bit more about CAS,” said Kevin Smith, vice president of the board of directors.
The writer is a regular contributor to the Sidney Daily News.