SIDNEY — April has been National County Government Month and the Shelby County commissioners signed a proclamation during a recent meeting recognizing it as such in Shelby County.
In other recent business, the commissioners:
• Proclaimed April 1, 2019, as the Shelby County bicentennial.
• Ordered the sale of an easement in Washington Township and authorized advertising the sale by public auction, May 14, at 9 a.m.
• Appointed Chris Stengel to the Monumental Building Board of Trustees.
• Approved vacation of a portion of an alley in Maplewood in Salem Township.
• Authorized seeking bids for the replacement and installation of water meters in the Arrowhead Hills Subdivision. Bids will be received until 11 a.m., May 16.