SIDNEY — Petitions are being accepted by the Shelby County Board of Elections for potential candidates in the November General Election. Petitions will be accepted until the Aug. 7 filing deadline. Petitions have to be certified by the board of elections before the candidate can appear on the ballot. The board is expected to certify the petitions at the Monday, Aug. 19, meeting.
Seats which will be up for election include board of education, city and village council members, mayors, trustees and fiscal officers. Candidates seeking these offices must file petitions my the Aug. 7 deadline.
Petitions and the seat being sought which have been received by the board of elections include:
• John Scheu, 8345 Port Haven, Sidney, Sidney City Schools Board of Education.
• Larry Sprague, 16384 Morris-Rose Road, Jackson Center, Jackson Township trustee.
• Vernon Siegel Jr., 8727 Wright-Puthoff Road, Sidney, Fort Loramie Local Schools board of education.
• Joan Buehler, 8903 North St., Kettlersville,Van Buren Township fiscal officer.
• Frank Mariano, 1620 Ash Place, Sidney, Clinton Township trustee.
• Keith Gump, 2867 Tawawa Maplewood Road, Sidney, Green Township trustee.
• Jennifer Frilling, 7647 Cardo Road, Sidney, Cynthian Township fiscal officer.
• John Mann, 17266 Wones Road, Jackson Center, Jackson Township trustee.