SIDNEY — VFW Auxiliary to Post 4239 is seeking patriotic men and women to join them in making a difference in the lives of Sidney veterans, active-duty military and their families.
An information booth will take place on Aug. 17 from noon to 5 p.m. at the second annual Shelby County Veteran’s & Family Appreciation Event at Vandemark Farms, 2401 S. Vandemark Road, Sidney. Auxiliary President Marsha Jones encourages those interested in learning more about the VFW Auxiliary to come and learn how they can help make an impact on the lives of veterans in Sidney.
Eligible to join are husband, wife, mother, sister, daughter, grandmother, granddaughter, grandson, grandfather, son, brother, and father. (Step – and adopted parents, children, siblings (and half-siblings), grandparents and grandchildren are considered the same as biological parents, children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren and may join the VFW Auxiliary under their VFW-eligible veteran.) Please have available, DD214 of veteran you are joining under and a $30 membership fee with application.
To be considered for membership the eligible veteran:
• Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national;
• Must have honorable service in the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard)
• Must have served in any foreign war, insurrection, or expedition as reflected by one of the following:
1. A VFW-authorized campaign or service medal of the United States.
2. Receipt of Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay, as verified by a copy of a Leave and Earning Statement (LES) issued by the U.S. Armed Forces.
3. Service in Korea for 30 consecutive/60 non-consecutive days after June 30, 1949.
The VFW Auxiliary’s tagline is “Unwavering Support for Uncommon Heroes™” and for more than 100 years, we have been supporting the Veterans of Foreign Wars, serving veterans and their families, active-duty military and their families, and spreading patriotism nationwide.
For more information contact Marsha Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-658-4659