SIDNEY — Sidney High School students are off to see the Wizard of Oz during their 2019 homecoming. The theme for the event is “The Wizard of Oz.”
Activities will begin Thursday, Oct. 10, with the homecoming parade and bonfire at 6:30 p.m. The parade route will be from the Shelby County Fairgrounds (Highland Street) ot Campbell Road to Sidney High School to Sidney Middle School via the driveway/service road. The bonfire will take place from 6:50 to 7:30 p.m. near SMS.
Presentation of the homecoming court and the crowning ceremony will take place Friday, Oct, 11, prior to the home game against Troy starting at around 6:15 p.m. Kick off for the game is at 7 p.m.
Queen candidates are:
• Jazmin Boatman, daughter of Willie and Candace Boatman
• Faith Bockrath, daughter of Amber and Gary Bockrath
• Kelly Curlis, daughter of Bob and Kim Curlis
• Megan Heckler, daughter of Carol and Jim Heckler
• Ava Parin, daughter of Jessica and Robert Parin
• Camryn Smith, daughter of Patrick and Leslie Smith
• Delaney Wilson, daughter of Chuck and Stephanie Wilson
King candidates are:
• Jay Sherman, son of Forrest and Debonair Sherman
• Ryan Cagle, son of Todd and Luddie Cagle
• Darius Boeke, son of Mindy Boeke
• Trey Werntz, son of Tina Wooddell and TJ Werntz
• Lathan Jones, son of Tonia Jones and James Ford
• Ben Spangler, son of Joe and Brenda Spangler
• TJ Leonard, son of Bob and Kelly Leonard
The homecoming dance will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, from 8 to 11 p.m. in the SHS gymnasium.
The SHS Student Government is the sponsor of the homecoming festivities.