SIDNEY — Bob Smith was re-elected president Monday night during the Sidney City Schools Board of Education organizational meeting.
Mandi Croft, who is beginning her second term as a board member, was elected vice president.
The action was taken after Smith, Croft and Michele Lott received the oath of office from Treasurer Mike Watkins. Smith and Croft were re-elected to office in the November 2019 General Election. Lott was elected to her first term as a board member.
Meetings for 2020 were set by the board of education. All meetings will be held the third Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the community room at the board office. The only exceptions are in February and December.
The February meeting will be held Tuesday, Feb. 18, because Monday, Feb. 17, is President’s Day and there is no school that day. The December meeting will be held Tuesday, Dec. 15.
The board also:
• Authorized the treasurer to request tax advances from the Shelby County Auditor as soon as the funds are available for distribution for calendar year 2020.
• Authorized the treasurer to pay bills up to $25,000 that are nonrecurring and other recurring bills as they presented, providing funds are appropriate and available. The treasurer will also report bills paid on a monthly basis to the board of education.
• Appointed the superintendent as purchasing agent for the school district.
• Appointed the treasurer as the investment officer with the authority to invest any interim funds with the goal of maximizing revenue for the school district.
• Appointed the superintendent as compliance officer for the school district.
• Appointed the superintendent as the district grievance officer and the curriculum director as assistant grievance officer for the district.
• Appointed the business manager as suspension appeal/expulsion hearing officer and the curriculum director as assistant hearing officer.
• Appointed Croft to the legislative liaison and Hall of Honor representative.
• Appointed Smith as Community Foundation liaison.
• Appointed Jason Schaffner as student achievement liaison.
• Appointed Linda Meininger and Lott as board policy liaison.
Appointed Bill Ankney and Lott as Upper Valley Career Center Board representatives from Jan. 1, 2020, to Dec. 31, 2022.
Reach the writer at 937-538-4922.