SIDNEY — Several street reconstruction projects are either underway or scheduled to begin soon in Sidney, although recent rains have slowed some work.
“Wet weather wreaked havoc on capital projects this week,” City Manager Mark Cundiff said in his weekly City Manager’s Newsletter Thursday.
A summary of street and other projects is listed below:
• Port Jefferson Road reconstruction — Roadway excavation and curb work under construction. Sturm Construction is the contractor. Expected completion is late August/early September.
• Goode Street reconstruction — Sturm Construction is the contractor. Construction was to begin June 30.
• West Avenue reconstruction — Construction is scheduled to begin July 6. West Avenue will be closed and detour signs up by 8 a.m. and materials delivered by 9 a.m.
• Wastewater treatment plant improvements — Project currently has nine plan holders. Bid opening is scheduled July 23. Estimated cost is $12 million.
• Water source transmission line — Project currently has 44 plan holders, including suppliers; bid opening scheduled July 16. Estimated cost is $15 million.
• Well field — Project currently has five plan holders. Bid opening scheduled July 16. Estimated cost is $6.5 million.
• 2015 paving program — Bid opening is scheduled July 16. A final list of streets is on the city’s website, www.sidneyoh.com.