FORT LORAMIE — Members of the Fort Loramie American Legion Auxiliary Unit No. 355 were presented with awards during the summer conference in Sidney.
The awards were recognized during the unit’s regular meeting recently.
Shirley Simon won best overall and first place for community service and second place for VA&R reporting. Dorothy Quinlin won best overall and first place for children and youth reporting. Hilda Siegel won seond place for her Americanism report.
In other business, the group:
• Voted to have a its annual raffle during the Oct. 12 meeting.
• Followed standard meeting procedures as follows: President Siegel presided. The colors were advanced. Simon opened the meeting with prayer. A moment of silence was observed honoring deceased members. Members recited the Pledge of Allegiance and the preamble. Eileen Barhorst set up the POW/MIA table.
• Registered to help at a blood drive.
• Learned that upcoming conferences have been set as follows: Oct. 11 in New Bremen, Nov. 15 in Delphos, March 6 in Minster, June 5 in Celina.
• Heard from Barhorst that she continues with others to make ditty bags for veterans.