BOTKINS — Eight young women will vie for the title of Carousel Queen when the 51st annual festival pageant takes place in Botkins, June 12.
The competition, open to the public, will be at 7 p.m. in the Botkins Junior High School gynasium.
The candidates, all seniors at Botkins High School, are as follows:
• Baylee Johnson, daughter of Melissa and Dan Johnson. Her talent is dance. Sponsored by the student council, she will be escorted by Erik Greve, son of Bonnie and Wayne Greve.
• Kassidy Esser, daughter of Terri and Bryan Esser. Her talent is public speaking and solving a Rubik’s cube. Sponsored by Varsity B, she will be escorted by Jacob Cooper, son of Tracy and Nick Cooper.
• Katie Skinner, daugher of Jessica and Derek Skinner. Her talent is dancing to a song she wrote and recorded. Sponsored by FCCLA, she will be escorted Nathan Platfoot, son of Joyce and Rick Platfoot.
• Kayla Heuker, daughter of Ginger and Steve Heuker. Her talent is comedy. Sponsored by FTA, she will be escorted by Jared Goubeaux, son of Diane and Mark Goubeaux.
• Rachel Haehn, daughter of Kathleen and David Haehn. Her talent is dancing. Sponsored by FFA, she will be escorted by Kyle Maurer, son of Lora and Kurt Maurer.
• Rebecca King, daughter of Vincetta and Jason King. Her talent is American sign language. Sponsored by Foreign Language, she will be escorted by Jacob Roberts, son of Barb Roberts and the late Jeff Roberts.
• Taylor Doseck, daughter of Jenni and Bob Doseck. Her talent is comedy. Sponsored by the band, she will be escorted by Dillon Underwood, son of Jody and Jon Underwood.
• Sierra Butcher, daughter of Nicole and Timoty Butcher. Her talent is poetry and singing. Sponsored by the choir, she will be escorted by Aaron Fullenkamp, son of Brenda and Mark Fullenkamp.